Hepatitis C Community
Posing your Pisture

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Posing your Pisture

Why do some of you post a picture of yourself on this site...are any of you concerned of the whole world knowing who you are?...im blown away by this
What makes you think the posted picture is actually of the person posting?
Now Rocker, if you don't like the "pisture", than "**** over it" and don't look at it!!  What makes you think other people don't have a right to do that.  Some may be blown away by the picture you posted.  Some people don't care about being anonymous, they are dealing with their disease wide open and wouldn't care if the Pope knew who they were.  That's why we are all different.  That's shouldn't surprise you at all.
Trinity
I posted my pisture up with Steven Tyler because he has the same thing we have and I want him to be an honorary member of our club.....and also if he ever DOES come here he'll notice it right away ;)

Seriously I don't care about my picture at all however, I do not have a myspace or facebook or blog anywhere on the internet that could help people "find" me if they wanted to.

However, that being said there are enough people on this forum with my personal information that if someone really wanted to - they could easily find me without a picture.

I don't know........it doesn't bother me at all considering how many websites of information people have devoted to themselves and their lives on the net these days.

And I like to see what other people look like - I don't find it to be a danger at all...a real sicko would hunt you down and find you without a picture if they wanted to easily enough.
I think a person who is honest and wants to let people know they really exsist put their picture up. I am a little nervous about putting picture up. I haven't let everyone here in my Small town know what it is going on with me. And there are a lot of nuts out there.Right now I'm sitting here with wet hair and need makeup! I won't even use deodorant right now. Maybe I'll put a really old picture up. No one would recognize!
   I don't care if someone knows if I have Hep C. If they recognize my picture so what. Then they can verify who I am by seeing my name as Bobby1952 which is the year I was born.
   What are they going to do to me. From what I understand the only thing that having had Hep C does to me is it will probably stop me from getting any insurance even though I will be finding out real soon that I am SVR.

Bobby
What's wrong with posting your "pisture"?  This is not a secret place, we all have the same ailment and I personally like to see who I'm talking to. Not everyone posts their pistures, I have my pisture of my dog posted. She doesn't know how to type, so obviously it isn't her who has Hep C.

It's about connection, camraderie (sp?) and helping one another. "The Whole World" wouldn't be on a MedHelp HepC website anyway. You can't go to jail for having HCV, you can't get fired for HCV.

Some of us are very open. In a vague way, we are connected and we care about each other. We want to help each other - that's why we're here.

It is not a requirement to post a pisture, just makes you personal and "real".

Just my opinion. Sorry for making fun of "pisture", just thought it was kinda funny
Some of the bravado behind the carelessness of giving out personal info is alarming. The people behind this very site are gathering info from posts, personal pages, ect. The data mining is supposedly for research which I believe. This site is a wealth of information not only for members but for physicians willing to read and analyze all these posts. If you would rather opt out then never give your real name or give out your email address or personal information on this or any other site. The bad guys (insurance companies,data hackers,the blue meanies, ect.) also have spyders and data miners that crawl this and other sites on the web collecting info than passing, or rather, selling it to god only knows. Some info collected in these huge data bases could not only affect you personally but possibly loved ones and those yet born.
----George---   or maybe not George
I love your new picture!

Marcia
Reason why i asked is because if i posted my picture,id be worried someone could see it,sometimes  Med Help profiles pop up on the google site...i just dont want someone finding my face on google,like my  employer or even some of my friends...afraid of the stigma and ridicule i may get...things are bad enuff...but i understand now...but dont some of you who show your pic ever get" those other people"   treating you like a non -human?
Gosh, I thought that was you in the new picture.

I really need to get my eyes checked!  :-)
I won't let someone treat me like a non-human.  The only way that can happen is if I let them.  Could care less what other people think.  I like my little tiger faced girl and she's a whole lot cuter than I am but if I had a decent pic of me I'd post it.  I don't stand on the bell tower and yell I have hepc but if somebody were to ask me I'd tell them yes and what would they like to know.  I'm the one that lives with this disease everyday and I know a whole lot more than anybody at work or socially could ever know so they can't "pisture me off" -  not in the least.  :)  
Trin
Well Rock, if I put my photo up there, everyone would recognize that I'm Hillary, and I just couldn't risk bringing scandal on my husband in that way.

c.
I hear ya, Toby.  I don't post mine because I'm really Michelle Obama.  My poor husband has already had enough problems with all the dudes he likes to keep company with.  I just want to get him through the next coronation .. uh .. convention.
I post cause i really dont care who see's it and who doesnt, I dont care if the whole world knows i have hep....
hee hee I lied I"m really Steven Tyler and it's just a picture of me and some groupie ;)
Yowwwwwwwwwwkeekeekeekeekow!!!!!!!
ROFL(MAO)!!!!
Since we are having this “Moment of Truth,”
I am really the Mechanical Bull and the grey fat guy is my significant other.
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
clean_in_ks commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
opus88 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Track your weight over time