Hepatitis C Community
Post Tx Viral Load Results
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Post Tx Viral Load Results

Male, 56, HepC for 30 years, Genotype 1a, Started tx in July 2005,
5.8 million copies, 4th time treating, Stage 2, Grade 3, ALT 350, AST 250, a mess.

Treated 48 weeks with Peg/Riba undetectable at 4 weeks, 12, 24, Completed tx May 28th. Blood test 14 weeks post tx....

Drumroll please.............UNDETECTABLE!!!!! Got the call today! Freakin unbelievable!  Doc said blood tests look like a 18 year old.  No virus - Heptimax says it cant find a virus!  So if there is a virus, there are less than 5 copies per ML.  I cant believe it, I really cant believe it.  Overweight, high viral load, liver damage, 4th time...I was already thinking about how I would break the news to my family - but good news - UNDETECTABLE - beatiful word that is.  One more hurdle though - tempered enthusiasm.  Thanks to all for your experience, strength and hope.  Wow!

Related Discussions
27 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Incredible!!!! Wow!!! That's the greatest news!!! Enjoy the rest of your life!!! Congratulations!!!
Bob
Blank
I wish to be you - I'm 1a - 30 years, Stage 2 Grade 2 - vl 15million - I hope I get there too - congratulations.  I'm on week 2 although it seems lots longer.
Blank
91778_tn?1252558770
WOW!!! I love that. 4 times is a charm. I am just so happy right now. That gives me new hope. Have a wonderful life
hep c free. Take Care, Debi
Blank
FFO.  peace to you and many happy undetect. pcrs... one of more to come...
Blank
Congrats.....always glad to hear good news-this is Most Excellent!!
Blank
WOOT! WOOT! SOOOO very happy for you. What wonderful news to end the day on. Congratulation. Wishing you a very happy and virus free future!
Blank
86075_tn?1238118691
so glad good news is coming to this board today, really happy returns!!! ha ha!
Blank
What great news for you, thats fantastic, congratulations, I can feel the excitement you are projecting to us, lol, im happy for ya.

linda
Blank
132578_tn?1189759437
I think I'm going to cry... Yep. Congratulations
Blank
151263_tn?1243377877
That's fabulous!! And a real inspiration to others too, way to go! That's GOT to feel like the ultimate personal victory, must be an AWESOME feeling! I hope to tread in your shoes someday, and your story makes me hopeful of that. I guess you really did return to sender huh?
Blank
Congratulations! Hearing those words of undetectable sure do sound sweet don't they!  Well,,,guess you are going to have to figure out what to do with yourself now that you aren't on a tx schedule haha  Best Wishes to you!
Blank
119874_tn?1189759429
Right on!  No more returns for you.  

Thrilling news.  Congratulations to you and your family.

Blank
149918_tn?1208132344
Congrat, I love reading news like this! It's gets no better!!!
Blank
137539_tn?1344383528
How Freaking wonderful!!!!!!!!  I can't believe you treated 4 times but dang it was worth that PCR!!!!  that is great.
Blank
Awesome news!!!

Your results will inspire many who face similar long odds to beat this disease!!!
Blank
Thanks so much for all of your kind words.  One thing (of many) I always loved about this forum was the sincere expression of happiness for the those who have good news and the sincere expressions of sadness and support for those who dont. Being around this board and seeing both for quite some time now, I have some mixed feelings about this blessing.  I have watched so many personal struggles against HepC here, that I feel that true success for any of us will be when none of us have to live with this disease anymore.
Blank
Congratulations!  That is such fantastic news.  You did it. :)  And, by sharing your experience, you have given many people here hope.  A whole lot of hope.  Thanks!  Now, go celebrate your fantastic results!
Blank
Congratulations! Stay well. Mike
Blank
Always have loved those drums!  Congrats, return , on your 3 months out PCR.  THink you got it!!!!
frijole
Blank
Congratulations on being UND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is great news to hear and gives hope to the rest of us.

Beagle
Blank
142841_tn?1201978652
Holy ****!  Fantastic news!  Really happy for you...

A question...what brand of PegInterferon did you use this last time???
Blank
Congratulations!!!! Great News!
Blank
107513_tn?1232290064
<strong>CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!</strong>
Be well and enjoy your HCV free life!!!!!!
Blank
Congratulations, Congratulations, Congratulations!!!! A hard, hard road that led to your much deserved win!! Live life! All the very best to you.
Blank
92903_tn?1309908311
A huge congratulations to you. What a relief! Your family must be thrilled!
Blank
hOLY CANOLI!  and here I was telling people to give up after three tries with combo tx, that is most likely not going to work, and YOU COME WITH THESE GREAT NEWS!!
excellent!
Blank
Wow, you've been through the mill,,,but YOU NEVER GAVE UP!!!Congrats!!!!! Very happy for you!! Enjoy your good news and great life ahead of you.

Keep us all in yours prayers. We all want to type the svr post someday, congrats again, great news!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...