Hepatitis C Community
Promacta for late Christmas gift!

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Promacta for late Christmas gift!

Promacta started last Friday. I wish you all a happy n prosperous New Year. 2012 is gonna bring a lot of good news for all of us! Thank you for being my friends through the 1st half of tx. I couldnt have made it w/o you all. 
Walked 2 miles today.. Well strolled.
23 weeks to go! Woohoo! DOING it!
Love n Peace to the kindest and strongest group of people I've had the honor of knowing.
Xoxo Karen :)
Tags: Promacta
good luck karen.....hang in there.....billy
Its great to hear you sounding so happy!
I walk as much as I can too.
( Actually, I walk between bathrooms)

Love and Peace to you too.
OH
I was drowning in pity til I got on n read posts n journals about how so many are walking n fighting to stay active. It's amazing how you all inspire each other. Still weepy. Saw a lot of Cardinals n Bluejays  today. They stay up here in the cold to sing us on and inspire us to hold on. They've got their bright plumage back. Haha! I'm still molting.
Oh, that's the darn interferon causing the feeling of self pity.

Like you, I find inspiration by looking at the birds.
I'm near a lake full of migratory ducks and grebes.

Some days, its an effort to get out the door but usually, once I start putting one foot in front of the other, walking clears my mind and takes the tension away. If I feel down, all I have to do is look at the sky.
Its my salvation.
Keep walking when you can.
I'm hanging in there with you.

Time for my stretches.
Good night.
OH
Glas to hear you got the promacta. I assume they will be monitoring your liver enzymes very closely. It seems to have helped robo and big daddy a lot without adverse effects if I read their comments correctly.

It's really tough going through treatment, especially considering the challenges you have had with your blood levels, anemia, getting meds... all while you've been working. You're a champ! You should be proud of yourself.
-Dave
Happy late receiving!  Glad that things are moving smoothly for you and that the legs are too... a very special cocktail for you this New Year's Eve... hopefully it means SVR in the coming year :).

Make sure you stay active as much as possible, Karen, and I hope the Promacta makes it possible for you to stay the course of treatment; however, make sure to report any leg or limb cramping or numbness or tingling problems immediately to your physician... wishing you the best! ~eureka
Just want to wish you good luck, Karen-

--Bill
Nice to see you doing better - you always seem to see the glass half full.  Happy 2012 to you!
Thanks guys. I've been a big baby lately. It helps to hear from the few of us on Promacta. Everything else I'm taking, I can hear encouragment from others. This is one of those uncharted territories on the forum. I only have one kidney AND stage 4. Fear is my enemy.
IDK if it's just me, but I'm super duper tired. Don't know if it's platelets or Promacta. Hopefully lab tests will show platelets this week. I think the fear of getting pulled from tx is what got me down. And the fact that insurance is paying less n less.
Faking it til I make it, xo to you all. School is back in session, so I won't have as much time to log in. Research paper time!
Karen :)
wow! i see no evidence of big baby! u are a troooooooper. keep up the good work karen, babs