Hepatitis C Community
Pulled Muscle/Side Pain

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Pulled Muscle/Side Pain

Approx. 2 months ago I was doing some heavy cleaning and developed a "stitch" in my right side a few days later. My doctor and I thought I had pulled a muscle. The pain is just above waist area and sometimes radiates under right rib area. After 3 weeks of therapy, a chest X-Ray, Cat scan of the chest and stomach area, I still don't know what is wrong. The Cat scan of the chest showed some small lung nodules, which a Pulmonary doctor said no danger just now, but need to be watched with another Cat scan 6 months from now. My questions are: What kind of doctor should I go to next to have this type of pain checked? Also, if there would be anything else specious going on in that area, would the CAT scans I had show anything...like cancer of the bone, etc.?  Also had a test for Gall Bladder which turned out ok. This is a constant pain, and at times I also get a burning sensation under the breast area which is helped by taking Zantac. I do not know what kind of doctor I need for a problem like this.  The pain is constant, like an ache, and I can feel it when I turn sharply to the right or stretch my right arm upwards.  

Thanks and I am hoping for some advice.