Hepatitis C Community
Rash turning to blisters
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rash turning to blisters

Does anyone have blisters with their rash? I have small patches with little blisters. But today I reached back on my back and I had a big bump on my back I popped it and felt stuff come out but my friend says its looks weird, I dunno been off incivek for since Thanksgiving. Anyone experiencing this.
Related Discussions
13 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Sorry you're having such a tough time with therapy honda.  My husband had the Incivek rash over about 80% of his body, although it did move from area to area.  He developed blisters on his back. He used the prescription ointment, Eucerin cream, and tea tree oil on the blisters.  They cleared up.  You can find tea tree oil in drug stores.  I don't think you should put it on an open blister though without talking to your doctor.  With an open blister that is oozing, you will want to watch for infection.  Last year, in his 2nd round of therapy, my husband develop rashes with blisters that did become infected, and he needed oral antibiotics.
Hope this helps.  
Advocate1955
Blank
1815939_tn?1377995399
I would call the doctor about the rash/blisters. These drugs can cause some very serious rashes and dermatological problems and I would think the doctor would want to be aware of it and treat it agreesively.

This is from drugs.com:
http://www.drugs.com/pro/ribavirin.html

"Hypersensitivity"

"Severe acute hypersensitivity reactions (e.g., urticaria, angioedema, bronchoconstriction, and anaphylaxis) have been observed during alpha interferon and Ribavirin therapy. If such a reaction occurs, therapy with peginterferon alfa-2a and Ribavirin tablets should be discontinued immediately and appropriate medical therapy instituted. Serious skin reactions including vesiculobullous eruptions, reactions in the spectrum of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (erythema multiforme major) with varying degrees of skin and mucosal involvement and exfoliative dermatitis (erythroderma) have been reported in patients receiving peginterferon alfa-2a with and without Ribavirin. Patients developing signs or symptoms of severe skin reactions must discontinue therapy [see Adverse Reactions (6.2)]."
Blank
87972_tn?1322664839
Where are the bulk of these blisters located? Agreed, I'd make mention of these to the doctor. No big deal if they say not to worry, but they might want to intervene somehow. Infections and all...
Blank
250701_tn?1320978365
I have done the ribo and the peg twice before never anything like this. Right now he just has me on 400 ribo a day until my blood count gets better. I'm going to shoot him an email tonight though. I am just in so much pain from my ribs being bruised I feel like someone hit me with a baseball bat. Then the blister an now a small bruise under my eye. Oh woe is me. I am about stressed to the max. Thank u all for ur advise..God bless
Patches
Blank
hopefully your rash will clear up, since the incivek was discontinued a few days ago.

i have the rash on about 70 percent of my body including the bottoms of my feet!  some of the areas are also oozing puss. looks like the worst case of poison oak ever.  the dermatologist started me on clobetasol propionate cream today.

blessings
eric
Blank
1794638_tn?1345158661
Patches, I just lost the post , but I read where one warrior had the same sx going on with rash that you are.    He got a box of quaker oats and some corn starch and mixed it up and put into a grinder and made it into baby food consistancy.   Then mix it into a paste with water and let it dry on you for about 20 minutes and do not touch it.   He said it would burn or maybe itch , but the results are worth it.     Then have fun getting it off of ya !    Worth a try, I dont think it could hurt you at all.       Carrie
Blank
I had the rash like that across my chest and it was miserable and I do have a few scars. Mine looked like chicken pox, shingles and measles all in one and they did pop and ooze, I am surprised I didn't get a huge infection as I was constantly scraching it. I used calamine lotion on it and that helped alot.
Blank
Time to see a dermatologist.  Ask your treatment doc who to go to.
Blank
179856_tn?1333550962
Call your doctor immediately, the PIs can cause Stevens Johnson Syndrome and that is extremely extremely serious and can be life threatening.  I'm sure it's not it but my mom had SJS and believe me, it's not worth the risk.

Better safe than sorry.
Blank
568322_tn?1370169040
No big deal if they say not to worry,

---------------

I once saw a blistery rash turn out to be bulla.  The blisters were also inside the lungs.

Co
Blank
87972_tn?1322664839
...And that’s why I suggested she speak with her doctor; it’s no big deal if they examine her and conclude she’s not in danger of developing something serious. If they deem intervention is required they then have that option.

Was I unclear somehow?

Good to see you around,

--Bill
Blank
I in the fifth week of hep c treatment, I have the worse 1. Rash spread onmy whole body with blistering on. Should I stop treatment they held back for 2 days on shot, taking 60 grams of precnizone,it so bad I think they are going to stop treatment,what should I do?
Blank
7469840_tn?1392245159
I had a bad rash the first couple of weeks and when my doc lowered the ribavirin to 600 mg (because of anemia) the rash went away. Stay completely out of the sun! My nurse suggested baby oil when you are wet from the shower, I also used aveno for sensitive skin, and gold bond medicated lotion worked good. Maybe they can reduce the riba instead of stopping treatment, my doc said riba does it's heavy hitting the first few weeks anyway, and they assure me it won't affect the outcome.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...