Hepatitis C Community
Rash

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Rash

I am on week 9 of treatment and a rash has now developed on my legs. Is there anything out there that I can put on this to help? It doesnt itch at all, but it looks terrible.
Welcome to riba rash time! I'm only in week #2 and have been covered with it for several days...Lotion, Aveeno bath and body oil, and benedryl if it gets to itching too bad...Are you drinking lots of water and staying hydrated? good luck!
The best thing for riba rash is the Gold Bond Triple Threat Anti Itch Medicated lotion.  You use it several times a day and the rash will go away.  Once it goes away do NOT stop using the lotion or it will come back. Don't take hot baths or showers if you can help it but if you have to put the Aveeno oil or oatmeal stuff into the bath.

You will get better if you follow this little routine.  Most of us in here have done it and it worked.
Thanks for the input. I thought I was going to be lucky and not have this rash. I hope this works for me as it did for you and others.
my doctor recommended Cetaphil lotion. It is great ( but I bought the walmart version for about half the price)