Hepatitis C Community
Reactive Anti-HCV Chemiluminuscent

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Reactive Anti-HCV Chemiluminuscent

Hi everyone! Just need your advice. I was hired for job abroad but unfortunately, my medical exam failed due to reactive anti-hcv result with 2.04 absorbance. With this result, the doctor diagnosed me of having a hep c. Is there any possibility that the diagnoatic test result is false positive and that im not really infected with hep c? What would be the percentage probability that i am infected with hep c. I would appreciate any advice from you. Thank you so much.
Tags: HCV
It sounds like you have only been tested and are positive for the antibodies, a follow up test is needed to confirm you have the actual virus. About 20% of people who have been exposed at one time clear the virus on their own. You need a RNA PCR blood test to confirm if you have a viral load............ Wishing you the best.
there any possibility that the diagnostic test result is false positive and that im not really infected with hep c?
---------------------------------
Yes....With the 2.04 S/Co ratio (weak) result there is a good chance that was the case as this test is very sensitive for any antibody and can cross -re-act
The PCR will diagnose definitively.

Will
Thank you so very much for the knowledge you both shared to me. Yes, i will take the pcr and retest for confirmation. God bless you both. :)