Hepatitis C Community
Relief drugs during Treatment?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Relief drugs during Treatment?

What do you guys take (besides anti-depressants) for the insomnia, anxiety and the feeling that you want to argue and everybody pisses you off? My doc gave me a 0.5mg prescription for Xanax which really helps..quite frankly I don't care if it's addictive, I checked the withdrawal symptoms and it said "Flu-like symptoms", so who cares? What's a few more days or a couple of weeks of that? It can't be as bad as treatment. If it will help me get through this hellish treatment I'll take it.

Anyone have anything to say? Just fishing for input or stories, good or bad.

Thanks.
Sharon
I also have xanax for mine, and should have taken yesterday.. had a rough day a work and felt that same edge of everyone just pissing me off.  My customers, co workers, boss..   when I came back from lunch yesterday.. I apologized to my boss and co workers if I seem more irritable than normal..  But they are understanding.  Just taking one day at a time.
I use MJ for moodiness. Tho it is illegal in my state, it seems to take the edge off for me.
*barracading myself under some cyber-armor* incase I'm attacked for posting that.
-E
My husband had severe insomnia when he started treating, and was put on Ambien which helped a lot! Even though he still has sleepless nights, he's not needing Ambien now as much as he did in the beginning (he's on week 31) But his nerves and anxiety only got worse and he finally got on an AD @5 months into treatment. He was hesitant at first because he didn't want to suffer with withdrawals when getting off, but the dr told him to worry about that later, that what he's going through right now was worse than any withdrawal. So...that's where he is and they have helped him greatly! I don't know if he would have finished treatment otherwise.
Good luck finding what works for you!!!
Say hi to your hubby and wish him well for me. I'm also in week 31 of my treatment. I take Ambien for sleep, and am on a couple of antidepressants as well. But I do seem to have VERY little patience for people around me these days and still do get irritable. All in all, however, things seem to be not too bad, as long as I take the appropriate meds and take a deep breath now and again.

--Mark
I know what you're saying,but I've seen a huge difference since he was put on AD's! So you're on week 31 too? Even though it's been a long time on treatment, I feel we're finally getting there! What genotype are you?
I am genotype 1a. This is actually my 4th go round on treatment, having relapsed previously on various regimens. I'm on Peg and Riba now. I started off on 12 weeks of 360 Peg, and 1200 riba, now on 180 peg and 1000 riba. The plan is to treat 60 - 72 weeks total.

Best,
Mark
Wow! What a guy! 4th treatment! This is my husband's 1st time to treat. He's a geno 1b and has had this @40 years.
Here's wishing the best to you, may this time be the one that works! It sounds like you hit it hard at the beginning of treatment, did you clear early on?
I have taken various relief drugs during tx and don't feel addicted to any of them. I take Ambien, as needed. My anxiety was bad for a while and I tried xanax and it didn't do a thing for me. So I take the Ambien at night. Haven't had the energy to go get the Ativan that does work on anxiety for me. My pill drawer has grown a lot on tx. I am on 37/60, some I don't use anymore, some I take weeks later when the sx flare again.

I have so little patience I am a total b!tch sometimes. I can't wait for anyone, I have to go NOW! Stores I can last about 10 minutes tops, before I have an anxiety attack. I can't even count the heads I've bitten off on tx. Maybe I'll become a preying mantis, or already am.
Besides medipot I do deep breathing and meditation. Hot showers or baths work well too. I apologise a lot to my spouse.
  I also have zanax but antidepressents all seem to put me to sleep, helpful at times.
I cleared by week 5 (didn't check at 4). We're hoping for the best this time, of course.
I'm hoping for you, too!
Best wishes for the New Year!!
I have clonazapam for anxiety and I was just using it as a sleep aid, but it doesn't work for sleep anymore so I switched to ambien. I am on celexa, it works best for me. I would love to have agreat pain releif pill for muscle  and joint pain but I don't think mr dr. offers anything like that. I think I'm doing really good and have things under control then I get that pissed off feeling like everyone's just trying to **** with me. Just wanted to see if that word went thru, I think my browser will delete it. I can't take anti anxiety during the day, I did once and got too sleepy. Good luck, it sucks being us!
LadyE: I would even try your route if I could get my hands on some but it would probably make me more paranoid!
Yes my F word was deleted, how come Rev and chcnme get to use it?? JK I think it's my pc.
I meant to put a slash not a question mark between names.