Hepatitis C Community
Rescheduling a peg shot

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Rescheduling a peg shot

I know this topic has come up before but I can't find the old threads.  I want to take my INF on Thursday instead of my usual Friday.  I just can't stand the thought of travelling with meds one more time.  I'm pretty sure its ok to take the shot a day early.    I can't remember if I should continue taking the INF on Thursdays from then on or do I go back to Friday next week.

Any ideas?
Yep, I have done that before,  no problem on inteferon,  When we came back from Germany, My times and schedules were a mess!

Should be, GI said it would not be a problem!
jd, I recall that thread.  And I recall that the answer was that doing the INF shot a day earlier was okay as INF "lives" for 7 days in the body however on that basis, if changing the day to one earlier, you need to keep to that day moving forward as well to keep the 7 day limitation on maintaining your INF level in your body.  I may not be using all the right terminology there, however that is the gist of it, if I recall.  

Trish
Thanks, thats pretty much what I thought.  I only have 3 more shots to go after this week so I'll just switch them to Thursdays and finish tx July 31 instead of August 1.
My guess is that most docs would say moving it a day ahead doesn't matter, but personally I agree with Trish and believe that the prudent thing would be to leave the shot night at Thursday once the switch is made.