Hepatitis C Community
Right hand side of my rib cage at the bottom of.

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Hello my question is ,I have hep c and am just waiting to go back to hospital for which genotype i have,but my question is on my right hand side where my liver is at the bottom of my rib cage it feels all lumpy,is that my liver gone hard ?
I think one of the difficult things about having hep c is having to wait for all the test information to come back.  It sounds like you're concerned about the condition of your liver.  When your doctor does a physical exam, he asks you to lie back on the exam table and he checks the right side of the abdomen as he instructs you to breathe.  A normal healthy liver should not be felt at all because it's up under the ribcage.  No one here can tell you whether you're feeling your liver or not.  This is information you need to get from your doctor.  "Does my liver seem enlarged?"  Your question is a hard question to answer because we don't really know if that's what you're feeling or not.  Try not to worry too much.  Just do everything you can to take care of yourself and take it one day at a time.  When you get more info, post here and you'll get responses though sometimes it takes a little while.  Hope this helps.  Best wishes as you move forward.

Lapis
Good answer Lapis you rock!
Hello thanks for youre reply,i understand what you are telling me,i go back to the hospital on 5/10/11 for results of Genotype and they will do a scan in that area,so yes i need to wait..Am a little concerned for what i can feel in that area but will find out soon
The reason i posted my question was to see if any one else had similar in that area,i mentioned this area to the speacilist and he said they will check when they do a scan
Once again thanks for youre for youre reply,i think you are in America am i correct,i am in Auckland New Zealand.
Yes, I'm in America on the East Coast.  And you're in New Zealand!  That's so far from here!  Good to meet you : )

So when do you go back to the hospital?  You wrote May 10 but maybe that's not what you meant?  I'm glad that you're going to a specialist and getting a scan done.  Please keep us posted about what you learn from your tests.  Best to you.

Lapis
Hello again sorry we write the day/date different here i go back to the speacilist at the hospital on the 5th October for genotype results and get a scan done,thanks for youre reply i will keep you in touch with reults.
Its good to no that my question is being read in the USA.
tywhy.
JesusSon added the Complete Blood Count Tracker
36 mins ago
JesusSon added the Hepatitis C Tracker
45 mins ago
clean_in_ks commented on photo
55 mins ago
Track your weight over time