Hepatitis C Community
Risk assessment.

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Risk assessment.

Hey everyone,

I had an encounter with a street worker 3 1/2 weeks ago there was only oral sex with a condom
on and I accidentally punctured my skin with a pen I had laying in my car towards the end of the encounter I didn't feel it right away until I was on my way home. The thing was that the tip of the pen stayed inside my skin and I am worried about hep C. If she was to have grabbed it and it had blood on it (theoretically speaking) would I be at risk? Also, should I bother to go get tested? And If so what time frame should I do so? Thanks in advance guys.
It happens all the time.  I think she'll be ok.
Any risk to your health involved being mugged by her pimp. If you suffer from guilt issues involving prostitutes, don’t patronize them in the future.

-Bill
It just happened to be out of the blue, I don't think I will ever pick one up again. I just wanted to know if I had a risk of Hep c.
I think if it was an official Fisher Space Pen you'll be OK, heck, those things defy gravity.
You had PROTECTED SEX with a prostitute. Beyond that, it’s hard to dignify your question with a response. If you have obsessive-compulsive disorder, you should see a doctor about it.
Im not concerned about the actual oral sex I received because like you said it was protected. I am, however, concerned about the tip of the pen that penetrated my skin in regards to Hep C. I don't mean to be a burden to you guys, all I'm looking for is a honest response/assessment. From there on I will deal with my OCD and guilt on my own.
Hep C is transmitted by infected blood entering into a bloodstream. Based on that, you should be able to answer that question for yourself with the scenario you're presenting.  If not, you should go get tested because nothing any of us can say to you will be sufficient.
Thanks Trish, I finally understood that I should be ok.
Like you said it is guilt. I read your comment and it made me reflect on the fact that I was the one that moved in the direction of the pen there's no way that she would have placed it there and expect for it to puncture me it just doesn't make sense. And, at no point did i see her stabb herself with the pen or put any type of blood on it. Like I said I'll go deal with my guilt elsewhere and get over this after realizing I was at no risk.

I apologize to all of you and would like to thank you for contributing and helping me educate myself even though it took multiple posts to realize I never had a risk for Hep C.

Once again thanks guys.
Some of you guys were kinda mean to him maybe i misunderstood something there!
It's all good man I never thought they were mean to me.

They gave me their assessment which is what I was here for and as a general consensus everyone agreed I was somewhat overreacting and that I should be ok with nothing to worry about.

So I can move on now.

One again thanks everyone, and thank you NinjaPinky.
You're welcome.  Don't come back now, y'hear?  I mean that in the nicest way, if you get my drift.
I got your drift and I surely won't be back.

I hope Medhelp sends Strength the Customer Satisfaction Survey e-mail. We need to get Pinky some stars.
Best Answer : FIGuy

How do you get blood on a pen? Twice.
Not sure what it has to do with sex either. Unless you are saying your ***** has a *****. Haha. No, wait! that wasn't out loud was it?
Did you get a vibrator up the wazzoo as part of the deal? If not, you got took.

".. punctured my skin with a pen I had laying in my car towards the end of the encounter I didn't feel it right away until I was on my way home."

That makes perfect sense. No, really.