Hepatitis C Community
Risk of contact of vaginal fluid with an open wound?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

What is the risk of  transmission through the exposure of an open wound to vaginal secretions.
I was having a back massage and i had an open injury on my back and the masseuse was sitting naked in my back with her vagina in direct contact with the wound.? She might have massaged the wound area later on.
they told me in hep.class sexual transmission is about 5%.do you have HCV?
I have not been tested for HCV after my exposure.
Hep c is a blood-borne virus and is only spread through blood to blood contact

Transmission / Exposure

How is Hepatitis C spread?
Hepatitis C is usually spread when blood from a person infected with the Hepatitis C virus enters the body of someone who is not infected. Today, most people become infected with the Hepatitis C virus by sharing needles or other equipment to inject drugs. Before 1992, when widespread screening of the blood supply began in the United States, Hepatitis C was also commonly spread through blood transfusions and organ transplants.

People can become infected with the Hepatitis C virus during such activities as
•Sharing needles, syringes, or other equipment to inject drugs
•Needlestick injuries in health care settings
•Being born to a mother who has Hepatitis C

Less commonly, a person can also get Hepatitis C virus infection through
•Sharing personal care items that may have come in contact with another person’s blood, such as razors or toothbrushes
•Having sexual contact with a person infected with the Hepatitis C virus

Can Hepatitis C be spread through sexual contact?

Yes, but the risk of transmission from sexual contact is believed to be low. The risk increases for those who have multiple sex partners, have a sexually transmitted disease, engage in rough sex, or are infected with HIV. More research is needed to better understand how and when Hepatitis C can be spread through sexual contact.

http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/C/cFAQ.htm
You might just re-read your other responses from the other post's like the one below,

Edward W Hook, MDBlank

May 07, 2013
In preparing to answer this question I reviewed some of your many other interactions with Dr. Handsfield and on our community sites.  It seems that you are having great trouble getting past your fears over your exposure.  You need to.  It is unlikely that your masseuse had HIV or, even if she did, it is not possible to acquire HIV in the manner you describe.  Surface contamination of the sort of wound you describe does not carry risk for HIV.

I would suggest that it is time for you to consider seeking counseling for your continuing, unwarranted fears related to this event.  I say this out of concern for you, nothing more.  It appears that you are spending an inappropriate amount of concern worried about this and I suspect it is effecting your normal activities.  EWH

In other words your chances of exposure are about the same as your chance for an alien abduction!
Thank you, gene.
Enjoy the massage! Your better than O.K.!
timothy141 Amassing and amazing, to se... Comment
Dee1956 commented on MH Community Mgr's status
Emily_MHModerator uploaded new photos
Track your weight over time