Russians Make Cheap, Fast-Acting Hep C Drug
Russians Make Cheap, Fast-Acting Hep C Drug: Following 20 years of research, Russian scientists have developed a... http://bit.ly/t5fg62
Have anyone of heard this?
I only see three references to this ‘Profetal’ in PubMed, and none of them relate to HCV therapy. My guess is that it ain’t ready for prime time yet...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=Profetal

--Bill
http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/10/27/59453446.html

I'd like to hear more...

Following 20 years of research, Russian scientists have developed a new Hepatitis C drug that can wipe out the virus in a month at a fraction of the cost of the traditional therapy.
Russia develops effective drug to treat hepatitis C
by Elena Kovachich

Oct 27, 2011
Russian scientists have developed an innovative drug that can cure hepatitis C within a month. They started their research in this area over 20 years ago and at present, they have patented the drug which will be available for sale next year.
The drug known as Profetal is based on human alpha-fetoprotein, says Alexander Petrov, head of the Ural Pharmaceutics Cluster, where the project is underway, in an interview with the Voice of Russia.
Continue reading this entire article:
Bring it !
You have copied an article. There is no published data by study on this product for HCV.
I seem to remember something about this.  Most of the studies were done near Chernobyl. I always wondered if radiation could kill the Hep C virus :)

Seriously, can't believe much that comes out of Russia,  unless there is data to back it up.
Two comments caught my attention in your article .. besides that there are no studies in the west ..

The writer said :

"In fact, traditional drugs can only remove symptoms but do not cure the illness."

We know that statement is Not True ...

"The specific of alpha-fetoprotein is that it penetrates into a cell where the virus exists and washes it out into blood. Later, anti-virus drugs completely destroy the causative agent of the hepatitis C."

Still have to use Anti Viral drugs .. so what's the point , it's not the Profetal killing the virus , it's the Anti Viral drugs administered ...
When I read the article it mentioned that the proof of eradication was there were no antibodies left!?!?  No mention of a PCR.

It also mentioned a "cure" in 4 weeks.  It made me wonder if they meant undetected or SVR.

The best modern medicine has come up with that I've read is the theory that if you could achieve viral eradication and maintain that with treatment for about 8 weeks, THEN it might be safe to stop treating.  The little rascal virii are very hardy and it is hard to eradicate them.  Some of them are harder to get to.  There was one or two glitches in translation.

I hope they are correct.

willy
Drugs are not regulated in Russia at all. Profetal is being sold there for a number of years as a panacea for almost everything. There is no information about Profetal (Профеталь in Russian) from any trusted sources whatsoever.

All signs of a scam are present, don't waste your energy on it.
Yeah, definitely not a magic bullet, but given the number of PubMed articleson on it's different functions and its properties regarding cell permeability, who knows, it may turn out to be an useful adjunct therapy somewhere down the line.
And given the number of patients here who are pantingly eager to get into a drug trial and the general impatience with our own drug approval process,  who's to say we won't see an uptick in Russian visas being stamped on HCV patients' passports. Especially now that the market in Chinese 'transplant toursism' is being more tightly controlled.
Would you please provide addresses where they sell Profetal.
I am in urgent need to give it a try.  Thank you
Did you read the commentary in this thread?  There does not seem to be any evidence that the drug actually works.  

I am reminded of an expression;

When somebody wants something "real bad", that is usually the way that they get it.

I would do a little more research before trying this drug.

willy
Be very cautious what you read and hear, your health is more improtant don't be too quick to react on an impulse .Stick with the norm.
if you will click on the medication name and google it the report comes up.
I think I trust the Dr.s here.  
If you find the stuff let me know where to get it please i think it might really work
     I have had hepC for about 43 years and so far I am not suffering with any symtoms yet. My doctor is puzzed and some specialists want to send me to McMaster hospital in Hamilton Ontario to do some studies on how my immune sytem is handling it for so long with out any health affects. When I asked my doctor that I would like to try the latest drug that has some good resuts. He said am I ready to loose my hair and it may not all come back in and have flu like symtoms for the duration only to be told that th virus came back. He said if you have lived this long and you are now 60 there is a possibility that you may pass away in a normal way and not even know that you had hepC. I think that I will wait until they have a drug that is closer to 90-100% before I try it out. I at least shoud call myself fortunate because there are so many people suffering from other health problems. One thing we can be sure of is that one day we are all going to die from something but in the meantime I am not suffering at all and hope that they come up with a cure that may extend the lives of many. Thank you. Joseph.
Hey Joseph, Have you ever had a biopsy? If not how do they know what shape your liver is in?