Hepatitis C Community
SAMe and Zoloft

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

SAMe and Zoloft

Anyone combining these two?  After reading the fibrosis threads, I'd like to take SAMe for liver support, but am concerned about mixing it with the 20mg. zoloft that I am now taking. Does anyone know if it is contraindicated to combine the two?

Thanks.
Not really sure how they will interact but I have been prescribed zoloft for years prior to starting treatment this week I am on 100 mg. Will update you next week if that helps. Good wishes
I take SAM-E and another antidepressant.  I figured that since SAM-E is something that your body makes, it would be fine.  Hope I'm not wrong; I'll check back here to see if there are definitive answera.  S.  
Thanks for the replies. Actually it's 25mg. of zoloft.  I was prescribed 50mg and told to start with 1/2 and go up to a whole tab after a week or so. I find that the 1/2 tab does help me, so I am staying at that dose for now.

Good luck with your tx, frog.