Hepatitis C Community
SHOT SKIN REACTION

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

SHOT SKIN REACTION

Im am a little concerned here now.....has anyone in this fourm ever did a shot and not get the red blotch mark ...i always get one...but the friday shot just 2 days ago ive had no reaction with rash or markings....before i did my shot.as i was attaching the needle tip...i thought there was more than usual primer dribble from the tip....i made sure i didnt dial the shot before i attached the needle...i did everything right...but i did get the slight headaches and eye pain as usual...maybe i missed some....anyone go tru this?....NO MARK ON SKIN
Yes.  In the beginning that happened.  Sometimes nothing, sometimes a tiny red dot.

Now...different story.  Itchy red blotches all over.  
15 shots, no marks at all.... Okay, one blue mark on my leg, must have hit a capillary somewhere, but it was gone within 1 week.
I found my first few shots had a really obvious red spot quite quickly but has time has gone by it can take up to 3 or 4 days for my blotch to show up.  Staright after shot no mark on skin other than tiny pin *****...

As my blotch increases so do my sides and they tend to be most intense on days 3 and 4 after the shot..

Btw, are you on Roche or Scherring's interferon?  I believe they have different pharmocokinetics.
pharmocokinetics. ????....WOW...thats a big word for a small woman...i need a dictiona ry just to talk to you
Bocceperir is always Schrring and PLOUGH....roche makes valuim too dont they?
pharmacokinetics

noun
the study of the action of drugs in the body: method and rate of excretion; duration of effect; etc.  
I'm 6" tall!  172 inches!  1.83cms!

Lol, yeah, Roche make valium and all sorts of other things.  I do believe they made the Thalidomide back in the 60's....

Pharmacokinetics (in Greek: “pharmacon” meaning drug and “kinetikos” meaning putting in motion, the study of time dependency; sometimes abbreviated as “PK”) is a branch of pharmacology dedicated to the determination of the fate of substances administered externally to a living organism. In practice, this discipline is applied mainly to drug substances, though in principle it concerns itself with all manner of compounds ingested or otherwise delivered externally to an organism, such as nutrients, metabolites, hormones, toxins, etc.
Oh wow Ephiphiny - so we really need to be reminded that they made thalidomide lol!!!!

Some weeks I don't get the blotchy skin - certainly not within the first couple of days - it seems to come up a couple of days before my next shot is due.      Go well Rocker!!
If you really want to know the true meaning of the word PHARMA....is derived from witchcraft.....SCARY
DO YOU HAVE  abig black pot and a fire?...ya baby...lets make some drugs...sound like a meth lab
BTW....thanx for your answers...
Sorry!  But it's good to keep a perspective...

Actually, I am eternally grateful to my mum, who was offered the new wonder drug for morning sickness when she was pregnant with me and turned it down...

How different life could have been...
Well, back in the day chemists were known as alchemists, otherwise known as wizards!  And Darwin was sued, and Columbus was scorned...
In response to the question, "pharmakeia" is the Greek word that's translated "witchcraft" or "sorcery" in Gal. 5:20, i.e. one of the "works of the flesh". This Greek word is the source of our English words like "pharmacy", "pharmaceutical", etc. Drugs are inferred

http://www.barr-family.com/godsword/phar.htm
Fascinating!!  The etymology of words is one of my favourite interests!!
Sleep well to all...work tommorow...have a good nite...maybe the sleep world world is the real world and the waking world is the dream world....who really knows.....whoooooo
I have often wondered that very thing!  Night!
Nite to you Rock and Izzy! Good afternoon to Epi and Kristina!

I love you guys!!!!
i never had any reaction at shot site... maybe a little red, but thats about it... but my friend denise had bad reactions every time big red welts.. everyone is so different with this, the hep itself and the reaction to the meds.. its crazy

make sure you are varying where you do the shot -  left thigh, right thigh, left stomach, right stomach, and then start over