Hepatitis C Community
SV f ing R
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

SV f ing R

Well after 5 plus or minus years and 3 tx's I got my 6 month test results, when I first heard the words my mind was in total disbelief after relapsing twice, I was like, “are you for real”, then the tears started to flow, I had already been planning on what my next plan of attack would be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a fricking rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Related Discussions
50 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
362971_tn?1201990634
  Great!!!  I know the feeling. Congratulations..

Bobby
Blank
387294_tn?1207623785
Congratulations, wow, with so many times trying you really deserve to celebrate.  Wonderful new.  mar
Blank
85135_tn?1227293372
It has been a long ride for you. Congratulations are in order for you.
Blank
Absolutely the BEST news!  I am very happy for your success!!!
Blank
You're amazing!!!!!!!

Best congratulations. What a joyous day.
Blank
Whats really strange is that I thought if it ever happened I would want to party like wild and all I'm doing is just sitting in total relief that I hopefully won't have to go thru treatment again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They didn't hold out much hope for me with 1b!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blank
Congratulations!
Blank
288609_tn?1240100356
That is wonderful!! I can't imaging TXing so many times. You are a warrior!
Enjoy being Hep free!
Blank
WAY TO GO!!! PROOF THAT ONE NEED TO NEVER GIVE UP!!!

JEAN
Blank
276730_tn?1327966546
F a b u l o u s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You give us all hope.

Enjoy it to the max!

Charm27
Blank
thanks, I hope and pray for everyone who has to deal with this virus!!!! I'm sitting here in a daze that after all of the c rap I went thru I got the prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well the six month prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blank
388154_tn?1306365291
Awesome BIG BIG congratulations.

I´m soon finishing my second tx and i just cant believe its gonna work. so now I´m thinking just because i can´t imagen SVR i wont get it but you did and you couldn´t
either.
Much grateful you shared that, took away some of my paranoia thoughts.

ca
Blank
Congrat.  you deserve it, I hope to join you in the SVR club someday.  Susan400
Blank
It can work and I pray it does for you! On the 3rd tx I did alot more to get the svr, but after two relapse's I didn't even want to go for the test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blank
I always read your post and your the one who deserves the svr!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I pray you get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blank
WooooWooooooHooooooooo!!  THAT MUST feel good!!  Many congrats to you, and job well done!  Have fun living without the dragon!

Blank
476246_tn?1310999221
Beautiful!!!! A big huge congratulations!!!!!

Marcia
Blank
626749_tn?1256519302
High 5 to ya....great !!!

Can't read enough of these posts.

apache
Blank
Great news! It's been a long road. Congratulations!!!!

-- Jim
Blank
Very AWESOME news! Congrats! That just rocks!

Deb
Blank
498948_tn?1253059441
Congratulations!!!  Keep up the good work.

k
Blank
96938_tn?1189803458
Great news. Very well done and it's well deserved. Congratulations, guy!  How bout you describe this treatment for the benefit of others that have a demonstrated a 'hard  to treat' situation.  I think there are lessons to be learned from what you did. I'm with on your comments about the not-so-far-away-from-you Susan.
Blank
Thanks to all, and Susan sure does deserve it.

What I changed and it may not have been the reason for svr!!
Just rough info!
Pre dose riba for little over week around 800
Double dose pegasys 4 weeks and 1400 riba
Single dose pegasys every five days till week 12 and up to 1600 riba
Week 12 thru 54 single dose every seven days pegasys 1200 riba
I did heptimax on shot days to give the treatment the max time for failure

Don't know if this did any good but used throw away toothbrush and razors changed every day for somewhere around week 30 just to be safe!

I am just freaking out because I have lived treatment, test, insurance, and doctor for so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blank
There is a price to pay however with your body doing several treatments and extra meds!!!
Blank
Another powerball lottery winner of 75 million dolllars
Blank
I'm so happy for you.  I can't imagine tx 3 times, but I will if I have to.

(I just got my boxes...1st shoot um up is this Friday.)

You give us G-1's hope.

health to all!!

Peg
Blank
VERY NICE!!
Blank
419309_tn?1326506891
Congratulations! And WOW, that regimen just takes my breath away.
Thanks for sharing your tears of joy and words of hope.  Best wishes in your new life without constant docs, treatments, insurances... enjoy!
Blank
408795_tn?1324939275
Great News!!  Congratulations!!  Now you can live!  God Bless
Blank
238010_tn?1293989260
Congrats!!!  Enjoy a healthy, Hep C-free life!

smaug
Blank
If at first you dont succeed High Dose. Well Done.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Happy for you
CS

Blank
My heartiest congratulations to you!!!!  I do know just where you are coming from, and felt the same way upon getting my 6 month results.  All of the tension and anxiety just drains out of your body, after years of gritting it out, and you just feel total relief...along with the flow of tears!!!  Best of luck to you and enjoy your SVR!!!  You earned it.  You did this, against all odds, and dealt with tremendous adversity and pain.  Now you can do anything you want to do in life.  Tx can teach you how to rise above difficult obstacles and suceed even when the odds are slim.  Congratulations!!

DoubleDose
Blank
Congratulations on your incredible news! I think it is simply fantastic and I am overjoyed for you.
Stay well,
Mike
Blank
186344_tn?1278268245
This is the kind of news we love to hear! You so deserve it!
Blank
You are a HERO here today!  Just sharing your story with us!!  That you had the guts and determination to EVEN do this 3 times!!

SO YOU DESERVE THE AWARD TODAY!!  CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GREAT NEWS....

We here need to hear this---so we know its all worth it!!

Dorsey
Blank
179856_tn?1333550962
After all you have been through and all the years we've been in here - that is one of the best SVR newsies I think we've ever gotten.  My God you never gave up and look what you did, FINALLY!

I'm SO happy for you.  I just can't believe it that is just so great!

WOOHOOO!

deb
Blank
Hi Spcecst!!!
This is such great news to read. I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!  So glad this is finally behind you!!!!......Btw,,I always enjoyed reading your funnnnneeee comments whenever you would post. You are a funny guy - great sense of humor.

Soooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!!! Such GREAT NEWS!!!!

MO
Blank
Wow!!!!! Congradulations!!!!You were definitly "Highly motavated"!!!   I'm very happy for you.                            -Libby
Blank
Thanks, it's strange getting the news of svr, DD your right about the relief, I was at my desk and when I saw the number (Dr) I got up and headed for the door and started walking down the street so no one would see me get depressed if the news was bad, when I heard the news I just kept walking and just started crying like a baby, and I don't do that even when I got my a$$ kicked, having this and going thru the battle consumed so much of my time and thoughts over the years, along with family, home, work it was tuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The last round really took a toll on my body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had this on my desk so I saw it every day, ""We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it, but sail we must and not drift nor lie at anchor""                   luv to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And never give up hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blank
547836_tn?1302836432
that's wonderful news!  so happy for you!
Blank
220090_tn?1379170787
Great news
Blank
96938_tn?1189803458
The same guy wrote "A man must find out at his peril things which a reasonable and prudent man would have inferred from the things actually known", which kind of sums up your approach to your tx regimin.
Blank
""reasonable and prudent""  would have made my life alot easier!!! But no fun me thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just watching the weather hoping we get out of this year with no late tropical activities!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got enough rain from Fay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blank
96938_tn?1189803458
Yeah, we dodged bullets this season.  Although, all the storm stuff in the gulf kept me busy at work.  
Blank
They've been canceling (dropping) Homeowners Insuarance up here since 04 forcing alot of people to go to Citizen's, which is OK insurance but doesn't payout as well as what I have now, a lot of people I work with got dropped from State Farm last year and had to switch, State Farm wants to cancel Homeowners but keep their auto cause thats where the money is, I told them to tell State Farm to stick up their a$$, same thing I told my ins company, you cancel my Homeowners, go ahead and cancel the auto! Crist doesn't have a frickin clue on what to do about insurance in this state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blank
96938_tn?1189803458
All the companies play the same game, only want the profitable business.  Like you, I said take a hike. I wish someone had the answer.  I guess the 'pool' is the current alternative, at least until Hurricane Riba comes along. The Big One.
Blank
439539_tn?1233469415
Congratulations ! SVR !!!!!!!  That's Marvalitious ! Couldn't think of another word,lol.My first shot is tomorrow and I can't wait to worry about other problems, like insurance and HCV not Being right there in front of your mind at ALL times.
Always Lurking .Insurance and then HCV.Must feel awesome.What hope you gave me reading your thread.
Thank you,
Tammy
Blank
338734_tn?1377163768
That is so great to hear! You are a real Warrior, a hero.  I could feel your relief and gratitude as you described sitting back after finding out the results. I am happy for you and hopeful for all of us. Best wishes - Brent
Blank
Congrats. I've had the same experience. Two time failure and finally success. I finished tx in May and just last week did my 6 month check-up. It still has not dawned on me.
Actually I haven't got the PCR test results back yet. But I did get the LFTs and they were good AST 23 and ALT 17. In the past my enzymes went right up above normal when I relapsed. This stuff really kicked my *** this time. I am still not right. I really didn'
t think it could happen but I just wanted to try one more time.But I did lose alot this time. My company fired me, my sobority is still shakie. Took alot of pain pills and still having prroblems with that.
Next week I'll get the PCR results but I think its going to be ok.
CONGRATS TO YOU AGAIN
Red
Blank
320078_tn?1278348320
Congrats!!!!

Best of luck to you!
peace
rita
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank