Hepatitis C Community
SVR24 Reconfirmation!

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

SVR24 Reconfirmation!

I asked for and got a 24-week Viral Load Test, and got the call just now with the result that it is still UND! Will go by the hospital tomorrow for a printout for my file. So no sneaky viruses! My hepatologist said that everyone who had been SVR12 is still UND at 24 weeks (but really, how long have these drugs been out, and how long have they been tracking previous patients?) But I wanted the 24 week test (actually it was at 26 weeks by the time I got it), to reconfirm the SVR.

I did 12 weeks Sovaldi/Interferon/Ribavirin, (from Feb. 7 to May 1) as I was genotype 4, 192,000 viral load, treatment naive, no cirrhosis, maybe some fibrosis starting, but ultrasound and liver enzymes were normal, no biopsy, probably had it for 40 years, but just found out last fall about this time that I had it.

The new drugs that just came out would not have worked for me because of my genotype. This was just what I needed to hear as I am still dealing with pesky Sx, nothing extreme, and so worth it to be free of that dragon.

I just wanted to share this good news you all—who have been such a wonderful support for me through this process. I will continue to chime in on this forum where applicable to offer my support where I can. I am hoping we will all just become a social community someday when everyone reaches SVR, and we can share stories and photos of grand adventures and grand children!

Sandi
Tags: genotype 4, interferon, results, sovaldi
I want to add my congratulations!
Isn't it great to get that 24 week confirmation?
Best to you Sandi!
Mark
Wonderful news!  It must be a great feeling knowing you have finally put this nightmare chapter behind you. Enjoy life now!

Nan
Thank you for sharing this wonderful news. We are slowly building a community of survivors. I am waiting for my 24 week results now. This is encouraging news for all those preparing to and currently fighting this dragon.
Spectacular news Sandi! So thrilled for your news. Go and enjoy you virus free life.
Take care
Deb
"Clapping"
Yes!!!
I never doubted you...
.....Kim
I'll have my 24 wk EOT viral load test on January 23. Thanks for posting your 24 wk results!
I am so very happy for you, this is just wonderful news.  My doctor told me that 24 weeks is now cured.
Congratulations!  I am doing the happy dance for you!
Dee
Yahoo.  I don't blame you Sandi, I would want one too.  But, I am very happy for you! Yahoo!  Susan400
BIG Congrats!
What a wonderful validayion!  So happy for you! Pat

Congrats on the great news.

Best,
jsf52
ALRIGHT!!!  So happy for you an for everyone reaching SVR.  WHAT A HUGE EMOTIONAL LOAD OFF YOUR SPIRIT....Go enjoy you hep C FREE life.    Take care always.   Mary
Absolutely fantastic news. Well done! I wish you all the health& happiness in the world. Love Jules
I want to add my congratulations!
Best to you Sandi!
Mark
congratulations!!!
I'm at 22 wks post tx (SVR12) and will retest in a month just to make sure.
so excited for you and all who are achieving SVR with these amazing new drugs!!!

Fabulous!  Congratulations!