Hepatitis C Community
Shingles or Poison Ivy

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Shingles or Poison Ivy

My question is basically has anyone had shingles having hep C?? This is my 2nd time in 2 years.. It starts out like poison ivy.. then i find out out its shingles.. The itchy stuff.. They give u valtrex for it...I know its part of the chicken pox isue that lies dormant in ur body until ur immune system or something gets weak... Iam just curious has anyone experience this???
i had it about 1 year ago,i had it on my back it hurt like hell,i just put it down 2 my back is playing up again then my husband had a look and told me to go see my doctor and she told me i had shingles and yea ive got hep c,it didnt do anything to my hep it took 12 weeks till it was gone.i got heaps of cream and bath stuff 2 stop the itchy and i took the tablets that my doctor gave me.i dont ever want that again.your got it for the 2nd time my god
I thought I was having shingles over and over for years. I even had a couple of doctors who told me it was shingles. It was on my lower back. Then my hep doctor sent me to a dermatologist and she said it was genital herpes. The valtrex worked great for it.
Most often, but not always you have an outbreak of shingles only once. If the nerve endings are damaged you can have years of pain from it, even though it is no longer active Some people don't get the pain and nerve damage though.
thanks for all the import.. i appreciate it.. yall are such a great support team