Hepatitis C Community
Should I get tested?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Should I get tested?

Hi all,

I have just come from the barbers to get my beard trimmed and shaped and the barber cut my lip with electric clippers.

He gave me a tissue and sprayed some anti bac stuff on it for me to wipe it (its a pretty small nip). I also watched him spray the clippers before he used them with some anti bac stuff.

Is this a risk of Hep and what should I do?

Regards
Mac
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
There is a low risk with getting Hepatitis C by what you explained.  It really depends on how and if the barber does disinfect his tools between hair cuts.
It sounds like you barber did make that effort to do so.  You might want to ask the barber how your being protected against getting infected with a disease.
They might be able to put your mind at rest with an explanation of their infectious disease procedures.  If your still concerned you may have been infected with Hepatitis C - Get Tested.

Best To You and your barber.
Blank
He gave me a tissue and sprayed some anti bac stuff on it for me to wipe
-------------------------------------------
HCV is a virus and not a bacteria .....

The risk would seem minute .however as the previous posted suggest ...if concerned get tested.

I personally believe given HCV testing is extremely inexpensive and a simple blood test then everyone should be ,,especially those born after 1945

JMO....

Will

Blank
Thank will do. Do you know how long it takes to appear in your blood after infection?
Blank
How soon after exposure to HCV can anti-HCV be detected?

HCV infection can be detected by anti-HCV screening tests (enzyme immunoassay) 4–10 weeks after infection.

How soon after exposure to HCV can HCV RNA be detected by PCR?

HCV RNA appears in blood and can be detected as early as 2–3 weeks after infection.

http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/HCV/HCVfaq.htm

Will
Blank
Thanks
Blank
You should ask your barber what it was he sprayed on the his equipment to disinfect before cutting your beard.  It may have been more than anti-bacterial spray.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank