Hepatitis C Community
Slaying the dragon!

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Slaying the dragon!

Hi everyone!
I've got great news - my 12-week PCR ( <600 UI ) was UNDETECTABLE!!! I know it's a good sign and I do hope to stay this way!
I'm 26 yo, G1b, baseline VL 724000 UI, ALT/AST 51/35.
Avatar n tn
I am so happy for you. You're on your way to a SVR. This is a good, good sign.

Take care of yourself and keep drinking that water!

Scott
Avatar n tn
I would like to know some information about the Genotype 4 , and the rate of responding with treatment ,and also i need info. about the biopsy ..
may god help me next week ..
Avatar n tn
Great News!!!  What a nice way to enter the holidays.  It sure helps make it easier to keep going.  So happy for you ~ keep on charging towards SVR!!
ambush :)
Avatar n tn
I don't know anything about type 4s ...

The biopsy hurts a bit when the liver membrane is pierced; sort of a THUMP pressure and the doctor is in. I was sore for maybe a day afterward then I was OK. All in all it wasn't so bad. Worrying about it was far worse!
Avatar n tn
That is the greatest new's. I bet you danced yourself right out dr.s office ! Keep up . Makes all the sx well worth it .Jill
Avatar n tn
Waaaaaaa hooooooooo! You have a lot going for you. Youth, female and low vl. Having just experienced the 12 wk undetectable I'm very excited for you. Just did #17 last night and the sx are a lot better. I'll keep the BBQ coals glowing for you.
Bill
Avatar n tn
Sweeeeeet!

Dance, Dance, Dance...!!!

Barbequed Thanksgiving Dragon anyone?

;o)
Avatar n tn
Welcome aboard the Hep C express train!  Non-stop, coast to coast in only 48 weeks!  Good news.
Another Dragon Down !!!!!

Great News!!!!!!
YIPEE!!!
Avatar n tn
Genotype 4 is similar to type 1. It takes at least 48 weeks but the response rates are still better than type 1. It is usually found in the middle eastern countries. The latest study I could find is here....
http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/hep_c/news/011703b.html

Basically they say that you need to keep a high Riba dose going to increase your "odds". Most seem to respond quite well to the Pegulated interferons.
I can't answer your biopsy question cuz I elected not to have one before I did my tx but others here will address that.
Good luck in your quest to slay "The Dragon".
Avatar n tn
I'm 1 week behind you and Steve. I did my first shot by candle light - due to blackout. Something to remember:)
oddist, I am so happy for you, keep up the good news.
woula, I wish you the best in next week biopsy.
About genotype 4, regarding resposne to treatment, it is
more difficult than 2 and 3 but it is less than genotype 1 which
is the hardest to treat. Please read this article:
http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/222676.htm
Good luck.
Avatar n tn
SORRY MAN! For some reason I thought the "G" 1b was for girl for some reason. I guess blame it on the brain fog which has kept my sense of humor up lately.
Bill
Avatar n tn
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That has made my whole day!
So is the DH in your name for "DuuuuuH" ??
The G is for Girl??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I'M ROFLMAO!!
Avatar n tn
The DH used to be for my Down Hill Mt. biking but me thinks DuuuuuH is much more appropriate now__________________(brain fart)______________________________________that the tx brain fog has kicked in.
DuuuuuH Bill :)
Avatar n tn
Hey, Bill, in your defense.........odessit IS listed as female on OHC's site.  There, maybe that gives you some hope ;)
ambush :)
Avatar n tn
I fixed it, Odessit is no longer listed as female.  Glad to see you guys laughing again! OHC :)
Avatar n tn
I'd like to add some more info... I'm in Canada, Ontario, week 17/48.

Bill, thanks for a smile you put on my face:)

Vlad
Avatar n tn
My last shot will be on July 1st is that yours also seeing we both did # 17? I do shot on Thursday night.
Thanks ambush :)
Avatar n tn
Hey Bill,
I'm actually male:)
Did shot #16.
Avatar n tn
Vlad?
Can u please tell me what's the origin of this name? From which country? I have a feeling...
Avatar n tn
haha:)
Comrade Vlad in your service:)
PaintingLife joined this community
Welcome them!
Dee1956 commented on Belle313's status
May 24
Track your weight over time