Hepatitis C Community
Slaying the dragon!
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Slaying the dragon!

Hi everyone!
I've got great news - my 12-week PCR ( <600 UI ) was UNDETECTABLE!!! I know it's a good sign and I do hope to stay this way!
I'm 26 yo, G1b, baseline VL 724000 UI, ALT/AST 51/35.
Related Discussions
23 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I am so happy for you. You're on your way to a SVR. This is a good, good sign.

Take care of yourself and keep drinking that water!

Scott
Blank
I would like to know some information about the Genotype 4 , and the rate of responding with treatment ,and also i need info. about the biopsy ..
may god help me next week ..
Blank
Great News!!!  What a nice way to enter the holidays.  It sure helps make it easier to keep going.  So happy for you ~ keep on charging towards SVR!!
ambush :)
Blank
I don't know anything about type 4s ...

The biopsy hurts a bit when the liver membrane is pierced; sort of a THUMP pressure and the doctor is in. I was sore for maybe a day afterward then I was OK. All in all it wasn't so bad. Worrying about it was far worse!
Blank
That is the greatest new's. I bet you danced yourself right out dr.s office ! Keep up . Makes all the sx well worth it .Jill
Blank
Waaaaaaa hooooooooo! You have a lot going for you. Youth, female and low vl. Having just experienced the 12 wk undetectable I'm very excited for you. Just did #17 last night and the sx are a lot better. I'll keep the BBQ coals glowing for you.
Bill
Blank
Sweeeeeet!

Dance, Dance, Dance...!!!

Barbequed Thanksgiving Dragon anyone?

;o)
Blank
Welcome aboard the Hep C express train!  Non-stop, coast to coast in only 48 weeks!  Good news.
Blank
Another Dragon Down !!!!!

Great News!!!!!!
Blank
YIPEE!!!
Blank
Genotype 4 is similar to type 1. It takes at least 48 weeks but the response rates are still better than type 1. It is usually found in the middle eastern countries. The latest study I could find is here....
http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/hep_c/news/011703b.html

Basically they say that you need to keep a high Riba dose going to increase your "odds". Most seem to respond quite well to the Pegulated interferons.
I can't answer your biopsy question cuz I elected not to have one before I did my tx but others here will address that.
Good luck in your quest to slay "The Dragon".
Blank
I'm 1 week behind you and Steve. I did my first shot by candle light - due to blackout. Something to remember:)
Blank
oddist, I am so happy for you, keep up the good news.
woula, I wish you the best in next week biopsy.
About genotype 4, regarding resposne to treatment, it is
more difficult than 2 and 3 but it is less than genotype 1 which
is the hardest to treat. Please read this article:
http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/222676.htm
Good luck.
Blank
SORRY MAN! For some reason I thought the "G" 1b was for girl for some reason. I guess blame it on the brain fog which has kept my sense of humor up lately.
Bill
Blank
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That has made my whole day!
So is the DH in your name for "DuuuuuH" ??
The G is for Girl??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I'M ROFLMAO!!
Blank
The DH used to be for my Down Hill Mt. biking but me thinks DuuuuuH is much more appropriate now__________________(brain fart)______________________________________that the tx brain fog has kicked in.
DuuuuuH Bill :)
Blank
Hey, Bill, in your defense.........odessit IS listed as female on OHC's site.  There, maybe that gives you some hope ;)
ambush :)
Blank
I fixed it, Odessit is no longer listed as female.  Glad to see you guys laughing again! OHC :)
Blank
I'd like to add some more info... I'm in Canada, Ontario, week 17/48.

Bill, thanks for a smile you put on my face:)

Vlad
Blank
My last shot will be on July 1st is that yours also seeing we both did # 17? I do shot on Thursday night.
Thanks ambush :)
Blank
Hey Bill,
I'm actually male:)
Did shot #16.
Blank
Vlad?
Can u please tell me what's the origin of this name? From which country? I have a feeling...
Blank
haha:)
Comrade Vlad in your service:)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity