Solvaldi/Olysio side effects?
I am in week 5 of Rx, first time ever treating, undetectable at week 4!  So only 3 weeks to go (I hope).  I am in a clinical trial and they decide if you treat for 8 weeks or 12.  But since I was undetected at week 4, Im assuming theyll stop me at 8 weeks.  

Side effects are (increased) insomnia, (increased)anxiety, occasional depression (but chalked this up to some life issues), impatient/feeling overwhelmed w daily tasks, and some forgetfullness.  For the first 3-4 weeks it was a walk in the park.  But at the end of week 4 symptoms/side effects seemed to increase.  Now I feel good as long as I manage to get rest, exercise, and stay active.  Sleeping well is the hardest part.  Decreased appetite at times..and I think hormones are out of whack too.  GI issues, but hope this all goes away when I finish in a few weeks:)  Was just curious if anyone else was experiencing these symptoms.  Thank you Solvadi and Olysio!  
I finished 12 wk S/O in May
Cured SVR  , yeah!

Last month of tx was hard, very very tired
A little insomnia but everyone different
Hang in there it is worth it!!!
Thank you for letting me know Candyce.  How did they decide you treat for 12 weeks?  I have 21 days to go (if they stop me at week 8).  I am "pilled out"!
Any post treatment symptoms?
Hi Sunnyside
I also treated for 12 weeks Sovaldi & Olysio.

I was not on a clinical trial and 12 weeks is the current recommended treatment protocol with these drugs.

My best guess is your clinical trial is to try to determine if 8 weeks will be enough to eliminate the virus, so instead of 12 weeks patients could treat for 8 and still get the same result saving a whole lot of money ($1000 a pill Sovaldi) which would make the prescription drug insurance providers happy.

Good Luck on treatment
Lynn
Bluemetal here. I started the O-S tx on 7/16/14. Had to stop 22 days later because of  rare but serious side effect not listed in the warning sheet that comes with the meds. Not to be discouraged..it doesnt happen to everyone. Im Gt 1a  F-4 cirrhotic. This is thye most difficult to treat catagory as it there seems to be ahigh relapse rate in this group therefore Im not missing anything by terminating treatment. Will now wait for the new tx coming in Oct.
Hi Blue
Sorry about your side effect problems. I am also GT 1a w/cirrhosis dx in Jan/08 and a 3 time null responder to interfreon based tx.

I am waiting for me 12 week post tx viral load to find out if I made SVR. Fingers crossed.

Hope the newest treatment works better for you

Good luck
Lynn
Yes I was not on clinical trial just doing 12 week cosmos trial protocol
No side effects after two weeks of stopping them
Good luck!
Thank you for your feedback Lynn,  I will go back on week 8 to be tested, then I guess they monitor me for the next 6 mos and so on.  Im sure they will inform me when I get to that point.

My main issue is the sleeping!  ugh..
I am type 1b with level 1 w no fibrosis.  Sorry to hear of the side effects you had.  Hopefully the new meds coming out will help you?  What are they called?  Have a great Monday!