Hepatitis C Community
Soma helps alot!!

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Soma helps alot!!

I have been on tx 5mo. I have been pretty miserable. My back hurts and the muscle and joint pain was getting to be way too much to deal with. I am a hairdresser and the shaking hands and jerking due to muscle spasms has caused me to cut myself at work a lot of times. Doc put me on Soma...for the first time since tx I can function and sleep better. It has been a huge relief!
The last thing any of us needs is after all the tx. and post tx is to be doing rehab 30 to 90 days from addiction.
This was quoted to me by my new hepatoligist, So I deal with it.  He did approve of my taking motrin in stride.
We all go through so much and it is very frustrating , but to some degree
we have to accept things as they are and go with it.
Missy
I did a Google on Soma (Carisoprodol). It's a muscle relaxer, habit-forming and should not be used if you have liver disease.
It's nice to hear that it helps you get through your day but I would be leary of taking it myself.
I'm 5 years clean and very much in recovery.  I REALIZE THE RISK I'M TAKING BUT THAT'S WHY I GO TO MEETINGS, WORK STEPS AND HAVE MY SPONSOR HOLD MY SOMAS FOR ME. It's been either go off tx or find some relief. What works for me may not work for you but I just am feeling better and getting through another day.
By all means do what you have to.  Hell I take zanax and zoloft so I don't kill any one.  Jesus I've tried to slow down with the zanax which in the past I could, but I have a lot of b.s. in my house these days and going to jail being this sick
doesn't sit well.  I'm one that has and still suffers pain.  Believe me I understand.  I almost quit because I couldn't take it anymore.
My discussion w/ my doc was my pain he doesn't want me to get addicted, well I don't either.  It's like a roller coaster from hell.  Fevers still every day.
14/48.  Please don't take what I said to offense.  This is just a subject I went through and I made the decision to go as long as I can.  Plus I can't work.  At least you can and do.  Keep fighting.  I hope it gets easier for you.
Missy