Hepatitis C Community
Sore Nodes

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Sore Nodes

Are Sore Lymph Nodes Common during Pegasys treatment? I have just begun (a few days untill my 3rd injection) treatment for hep C using peginterferon and ribavirin . I've  had hardly no symptoms, all though my lymph nodes in the upper leg and pelvis are noticably swollen and sore to the touch...and the greneral pelvic area seems swollen and warm.Has anyone else heard of this?
Tags: sore lymph nodes, hep c, Pegasys
I don't really know the answer to your specific question, but if you have swollen groin and pelvic lymph nodes  which are sore to the touch and a warm swollen pelvic area, I would notify the doctor right away. This could indicate some sort of infection (other than the Hep C).

when i was on treatment i did have problems with my lymph nodes just under my chin on both sides very painfull at the time and swollen ,my doctor did look at them probing and pressing on them ,he said that they were normal when your body is fighting infections and should return to normal within a few days ,since coming of treatment they havent returned ,im due to start triple therapy sometime this month ,hoping they dont come back   keep smiling we will all beat this one day
Don't know if this will help. I got swollen nodes after 8 weeks on tx and still have them 10 wks post tx.These are under my chin, back of neck and sometimes paratoid.Been to doctors with no success or answers. The swelling comes and goes and it moves around  between all 3 spots.They are not painful but the ones on back of neck do cause headaches.Go to doctor always as you never know if something is sides related or something entirely different.Good luck with Tx.
Not exactly sure How I got infected with the hep c Virus, wether is was a promiscuous life style with un protected sex or if was one of three tatoo's, done @ less that quality studios aproxx 20 years ago.I wasnt feeling well for a while (1 year or so)..I  had problems with dijesting, always tired. I always felt stresssed. When I found out about my hep c the only thing that mattered was My wife of 15 years and 2 year old baby girl not having it. My wife was tested and clear. Ok It was time fix me now.and I was on a mission.I did everthing possible to make sure I stop this nastyness right where it was ..alteast untill I could find out more about ridding it.. total diet change...no alcohol...none zero..after being used to my evening  beer that was rough (only healthy unprocessed foods, fruits ,veggies chicken, fish, nuts, and a ton of apple/carroot/beet juce).I really started to feel better  just from that alone  ...then I whent up a level and I added  excercise (walking at night with my wife) then after a few weeks...weight trainig  and running during the day and continued nightly walks..after 8 months of this I was in better shape than I had been ....since ..forever .lol..By the time I got to see my specialist, I was feeling much better..he even stated " wow you look great". He said he would still like to treat the hep c and get rid of the virus. So..I'm almost at  ijection3 of the pegasys and developed sore lymph nodes and I start searching for answers and stumbled in to this forum.. eveyone here has been very helpfull and I apreciate all the advise. and well wishes and hope ..Thank you all! I guess I wanted to telll my story thanks for reading ....Kredos