Hepatitis C Community
Sore tongue

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Sore tongue

I have not started treatment yet, but my tongue is swollen and feels like it is cracked. This will be my 3rd  time to do treatment in the last 20 years, but I don't recall the sore tongue. Any input will be appreciated.
A little confused by the post because you say you have not begun treatment, but then go on to say that you don't recall a sore tongue, which to me means, during treatment.

Anyhow, research Geographic Tongue (Benign Migratory Glossitis) just to see if that is it.  I have that and it hurts when I get flareups.  They occur when I'm under stress, or if I eat spicy or very acidic foods.  However, mine does not swell up.  Although not a hallmark for this condition, I do have cracks along the length of my tongue.  Fissured tongue is the medical terminology.
Hi, Thanks so much for replying to my post. I will jump on this Sunday after work.
Sorry I confused you. I have had two previous treatments for this over the past 15 years, and I don't recall the issue with the tongue.

I will research and post my findings. Thanks again!!
You know I had a sore on my tongue during tx, which I couldn't get rid of until I took acidopholus liquid. That cleared it right up.
Its easy and certainly can't hurt trying.
Interesting about the acidopholus.  I tried that a few years back with just breaking the capsules open and letting the powder dissolve on my tongue.  I'm not sure it did much for my particular case and maybe the liquid would have been more beneficial, but I agree that it can't hurt.  In fact, probiotics are a good thing and I take them in the morning on an empty stomach.