Hepatitis C Community
Specialist in Boston for Primary Billiary Cirrhosis

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

I would like to know the top specialist in Boston for Primary Biliary Cirrhosis.  This disease is presently destroying my blood platelets.  I have been put on Prednisone and am seeking any information regarding any other options other than transfusions and/or spleen removal.
Dr. Nezam H. Afdhal, MD
(617) 632-1069
(617) 632-1070
Suite 8e, 110 Francis Street
Boston, MA 02215

Thank you for this information.
Yup.  Dr. Afdhal is your guy.  He's great.  I did the whole HepC treatment process with him and I highly recommend him.
You are the second person to name this doctor.  Interestingly enough, I have a neighbor next door with the same disease!  She is going to a person at B and W with the name of Okamodu ( sp) -ever hear of him?  He is doing research on this disease .  She thinks the world of him and is urging me to consult with him. Many thanks for your response.