Splashed gasoline and it got on my skin and clothes(will it hurt liver?)
Hi everybody.  I was pumping gas today and leaning against my car while I was doing it.  The gas splashed out and got on my butt (I was was wearing shorts -  :)  )   It was really strong smelling.  When I got home, I through the shorts and my underpants into the washer.  And changed into clean clothes.  The gas smell was so strong that after I washed this stuff, it still stunk like gas.  So, I had to wash it again.  Will being exposed to gasoline hurt your liver?

Susan
I doubt that it would hurt your liver. Just be glad no one lit a match or you would have given a whole new meaning 'to theres a chick with one hot butt':) Take care and be careful
Susan,
I don't think the gas will hurt your liver.

Can-Do-Man,
Thanks for your words of wisdom earlier today.  The worrying eased off some today.  I hope you are having a good holiday. I went to the pool with my daughter and husband. I don't know what I would do without you all on this board.  It helps to keep me sane.  Maybe that was what was wrong earlier.  I hadn't been on since last Wed.  I felt alone.

Pam
I can relate to that alone feeling.
lilmoma
Hi Lilmoma,
How are you this evening? Earlier today I posted because for the past couple of days, I've felt scared...actually more to the point of terrified.  I couldn't make my mind stop.  I haven't slept well either.  I hope you are having a good weekend
Change your shorts immediately.  Do not expose yourself to harmful vapors including heavy cleaners like Bleach, Liquid Plumber, or gas.  Those vapors are bad for your liver.
Thank you, glad you got out for a while today. And why you wait so long to check in here? Were open 24/7. Take care, you will be fine
Why you feel alone? im here. havn't had my smile for a few days. :(
Was that a sun-burn.......or just a blush :)
lilmoma
I think you be all right only one time. gas is a solvent.It would take a lot of exposier over a period of time to find it's way to the liver
Hey girl, hows lilmoma doing today. My wife thinks im just plain crazy. Told her that last shot she gave me kicked my butt hard. She just grined and had those evil eyes. I'm beginning to wonder just what all was in that shot. Feel much better today so Ha to her.

Sure be glad when you gals come out to play. Wife will be glad to, said isn't anyone there to bug. Oh well.
0h great says.....Change your shorts immediately.

Bet that would have gave you lots of looks at that station. Plus driving home in the nude. Well guess nothing wrong with that though.
Don't think one time is going to hurt you although as stated, stay away from fumes over a long term such as cleaners and soforth.  My Rog pumps my gas for me and does the cleaning that requires any comet or mildew remover.

Sorry I had to cancel the pool party today....weather is atrocious!  Flooding, raining, lighting, thundering, dark and just plain UGLY! Surprised I still have internet service!  Guess I'll head to the bed, good day for it....

Happy memorial day.

Fisheress

P.S. Won't be fisherless after next week, we are gonna go ahead and GET THE BOAT!  WOOHOO!
I am done giving hubby shots (sigh)
He does his last shot this friday (I am sooooo jealous!)
I only gave him his procrit shots, and he's done with that.
Yeah,....I have all his left-over procrits!!!!
My doc told me my numbers looked so good that he wanted to take me off procrit,....but ya know,....do I, should I, ..have to go through all that again? I mean why take a chance having my hgb go back into the toilet, and it takes so long before the procrit starts working, ya know, not to mention the pure misery of what a person goes through.
So, I just have been calling it in anyway, and they deliver it, so I am getting a nice stash in case I need some.
I got some warming up on the counter now, I am doing it every other week, so far, so good.
If I have left over when Im done,...then maybe somebody here at the forum will need a helping hand one day,....it wont be wasted, and that is why I pay such huge premiums every months anyway right?
lilmoma
Hi you guys!

Hey Candyman. I heard on the news just yesterday that some guy was pulled over and he was naked! Was that you? OMG that was right around here too. you devil you!

lilmomma, glad to hear you're doing well and your numbers look great. that's always good news huh? sometimes i dread those lab-result calls. i'm jealous of your husband too. it seems like foooooooorrrrrrrreevvver till the end for me as well but hey. what'd we gonna do?
have a great night.  tracy
Hey, at least we all have each other!!!
Nobody else wants to listen to our war-stories of weird sx,....heck, nobody else can even imagine what were talking about.
Not a club I had planned on joining.......................
I would rather be cooking in the kitchen,....love to cook, now thats where I get creative!!!!
lilmoma
Oh man. I knew it made the local news. Which was ok. But the national news? Hope it showed my best feature. Heck i told the cop i thought it was drive nude day. Oh well
says.....now thats where I get creative!.......... Just how creative can you get.:) In the kitchen? you are wild.

Tracy, how about you?
Hi there. I finally got the gas smell out after the second washing, without exploding my washer or dryer.  I had tried to rinse out as much as I could before I put it in the washer, but it had still smelled like gas after running through the 1st cycle.  I don't know why the gas splashes back like that when the nozzle is still in the car.  

Well, I hope everybody has a good Memorial Day today.  I'm just doing my usual, resting.

Susan
Lilmomma - glad your doing so well and that your hubby is done, that should make it a lot easier on you.  Wish I had good #'s on my HGB, will find out Wed. what the #'s are.  Hang in ther, your turn will come to be off the meds.

Can do -Sorry to see you had a bad day after your shot Sat, after my shot yesterday was not feeling to good and tonight that dam* fever is back.  Will probably have the fever till tomorrow, hope it doesn't go past that.
Did you see fisheress cancelled the pool party because of weather?  LOL

beagle
Sun burn, since the 'top was up' no convertible here.:)
Yeah seen she had to. Heck thats where i was heading yesterday when they stopped me.
That is rough, I heard that infergen is hard to handle. How much procrit do you take each day?

Beagle
You are wild, i've went the desert route before but never the chix stir fry. Guess thats like eating your meal and desert at the same time.
Ok now, don't get bashfull on us now tracy

beagle, Hope that fever lets up, no chasing silly wabbits till then
"Authorities said the man had apparently scaled an 8-foot tall fence while naked and covered in nacho cheese and was seen running toward a Jeep in which officers found clothing and an open bottle of vodka."

See. i told you..  that bottle of vodka doesn't fit your MO...but the cheese thing. hmmm.

personally i try to avoid open flames when naked so the kitchen doesn't appeal to me that much. but cheese can be exported to other parts of the house...

Tracy, I saw it to on the news and was wondering who that was.  The news said it was someone crossing the border, near the desert and he was trying to blend in with the sand.  Had know idea it was can do man.   Heard the minute men are hot on his trail.

Beagle
That post above was for you too.

Beagle
Nope that wasn't me then, scary thinking someone out there is more crazy then me. going over a fence in the nude. Did he not know the PAIN that could cause a man?

And yes Cheez Whiz in the squrit can, can be used in any room........... Not that i would know.:)
Now i might be 'nuts' but i'll be durn if i'm gonna risk them climbing a fence.

Only beagle dogs chasing silly wabbits would do that.
Hey to both of you!!

Doglover: I do understand that "panicky feeling" I think alot of people (including doc) thought I needed something for depression, which really was not the case. It was depression in the true sense of the word, it was a "on edge, jump out of my skin, I hate everybody, dont stand so close to me, feeling.
Gosh I guess that could be called depression, but doc tried me on zoloft and that was too "out there" I am very medication sensitive, even cold tablets will get me acting like a kook!!
So doc changed me over to klonipin,...and hey they work great, they are used for panic attacks as well.
Now that is not to say that sometimes I feel a normal depression due to "whats going on" but doc sai to try this, and if it didnt do the job, then maybe some valium, (I dont like the way valium makes me feel, (real spacey-like)

Can-do: My Man!!!!!!
:) :) ;)

You have always been so good to me, really a better friend than I prolly deserve right now, but I sure do appreciate you always noticing my posts, and always putting a smile on mu face.
You are one of those rare people,...I suspect you prolly hear that from your wife too, or anybody that really knows you.
your friend, lilmoma
Sorry about thae gasoline spill on your clothes, gosh that is annoying. Did you talk to the manager of the store.
That is an issue with the pump, and they should gladly pay for your dry cleaning, or replacement of clothing.

I hope you are feeling well these days  :)
lilmoma
hey beagle. if that WAS cando those minutemen have no idea what they're dealing with. and is that fence they're puttin up meant to keep him in or out? ;)  

canman, i think you should protect the family jewels at all cost. i for one am glad those genes of yours replicated. now get your cheezwhiz and go have some fun dammit!
says.......now get your cheezwhiz and go have some fun dammit!

JEEZ....... you didn't say what room you would be in.
Guess we'll never know if it was can do man. how is everyone doing tonight?  The board was so quiet the last 2 days, you can always tell when it's shot days.
No fever at the moment we'll see how tomorrow is.

Beagle
Every day is a shot day for me!  Daily Infergen and then, Procrit on Tues. and Sat. and Neupogen on Mon.  I'd love to have a non-shot day!!

Susan
You know your turn for good numbers is coming too!!!
Im glad your transfusion went so well.
Arent you done with tx now though?

Cando: I have always been a wild child!!!
Oh, my chix stir fry turned out so good!!! I made mexican cornbread to go with,...yum yum...it is so moist you think your eating desert (not that dry kind)
Yes....I REALLY do love to play in the kitchen :)

lilmoma

On the Procrit, I take a 1/2 a vial on each day.  It's a normal dose, but split in two.  I was having too many extra sides from the full dose of Procrit all at once, so Dr. had me split it. Most people don't get many sides from Procrit, but I managed to.
Oh well, that's life in the big city!

Susan
After all you've been through - and now this problem.  Sounds like your car has gastro-reflux issues.
Instead of saying 'guys' lets say.......Im thinking, hey girls, get the nacho chips, and catch cando!

Sounds like more fun to me

I cant believe I missed that on the news!!!!
The part about the cheese, well that has all kinds of jokes playing through my head!!!
Im thinking, hey guys, get the nacho chips, and catch cando!
that is just too funny.

I hope everybody is doing well today,

lilmoma
i was changing a  fuel filter on a car today... when i took the line off like a a quart of gas splashed in my eyes mouth and hair.. im black with braids by the way....so i wobble into the house blind because of course  i couldn't see i rinsed my eyes then washed my hair real quick and went back out to finish the job....i don't know how many people who've ever had that happen to them but i can tell you from experience, it burns like hell and i am not talking bout my eyes im talking bout my face. it was like some one threw liquid fire on me or something, but im okay now only thing im worried about is my vision or my hair falling out but nothings happened so far so
This is a very old thread but I can tell you that I worked as an auto technician for 20 years and also pumped gas while young. I got gasoline and oil on my skin almost every day and the only affect it had was to help age the skin on my hands.
You are correct this is very old. I wrote this 9 years ago, back when I wasn't quite as an experienced long time hepper!