Hepatitis C Community
Statistics

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Statistics

I have updated our statisitics at long last.  For those of you that don't know me and that is probably most, since I haven't been on much in the past few months, I completed 48 weeks with VIC last summer and received my official status as SVR in January of 2013.  I have been keeping spreadsheets on members since I started the PI and post them in "My Pictures"  I tried to keep up with everyone who started in 2011, shortly after the PI's were approved.  Mostly this chart is for triple therapy but there is some information on other meds.

If you are on the chart, please look at it to make sure I have your info right, and let me know what I am missing or need to change.  If you would like to be added, please put the information on this thread or send me a pm. Mainly I want those who have completed tx.  I have found that the spreadshhet is too big if I include members who have not finished.   If you would like a more legible excel spreadsheet, send me a pm.

I think the relapses and treatment failures are just as important as the SVR's.

I love seeing all the SVRs.  So much nicer than the old 50% chance we Geno ones used to have.  Congratulations to all who have achieved SVR and hang in there if you are treating.

frijole (bean)
Frijole, How do I find the stats?
Hi Bean,
About to get my 6 month post any day now. Will post as soon as I get it. BTW, I am a CT (not CC).
Hope you are doing well and I admire your work here.
C
Wow, this is awesome Frijole. Kudos to you for your efforts in creating a snapshot of treatment outcomes. I too love seeing all the SVR, it gives hope to many. Thank you.
Frijole ,this is so helpful what you have created  for  all of us  now and for the future people who will be making decision to treat.How wonderful to see so many people finally achieving SVR.All the info you put  about me is exactly correct.Thank you again for your time helping us,truly great job !Naya888
hi swimmer - got you changed to CT.  sorry about that.  I did see that you would be getting your end VL test any day.  Wow - how time flies, huh.  I can't wait for the post.

gopkrs - hope you found the stats.  If not, click on my name in the blue and you will go to my profile, then click on photos.  I wish there was a way to upload the excel spreadsheet but there is not.  I have to  scan them and up load them as tif files.
  Thank you, thank you thank you, for doing this awesome work!  You are an amazing person, and I just wanted to let you know how much of a help and a comfort you were, and are, to all of us on here :)
   If you are ever in the San Francisco Bay Area,  dont hesitate to e-mail me here, and I will take you out for lunch!  ~ Katy
Hey Bean, those charts are looking great! I see you updated mine correctly and I didn't even have to tell you to put in the SVR! I don't think you need anything else from me but let me know if you do. I had a really rough time with triple tx but managed to avoid any dose-reductions and didn't quite need procrit either (my HGB went to the threshold my doctor set, but never actually crossed it).

I just want to thank you again for doing this – you are helping so many people to get a real-life perspective on the treatment.
I think the last time you put out the call for our stats, i was still treating and feeling too sick to respond, so please add me to your spreadsheet: texsunflwr: triple therapy with Incivek started 1/11/12, undetected at weeks 4, 12, 24, and 48. Undetected at 12 weeks post treatment. I'll let you know what my status is at 24 weeks post. Thanks for charting everyone's numbers. It is interesting reading!
I made it...SVR -SVR - SVR, nice ring eh???
Hi Frijole

I would love to be added to your stats
previous relapser to 48 weeks peg and riba
Triple tx with Incivek - 48 weeks started 11/9/2011
Starting VL 170,000
week 2 ...40
week 4....30
week 8 UND
week 12 UND
Week 24 UND
Week 48 UND
SVR  04/17/13
No rescue meds or dose reductions - took 1600 riba for 2 weeks predose and through full 48 weeks of tx.
oops forgot to say I was geno 1A - (nearly said I am!) dont know my IL28B status
Just wondering what stage your liver biopsy showed? Frijole likes to add the Liver Biopsy stage also.
Hi Bean,
Just want to say thank you for updating and posting these records.  I am so happy to see so many have SVR'd.
Advocate1955
As always: Thanks for your generosity. It's a super tool! d
thanks for the prompt pooh - the biopsy I had done was before my first tx in 2007 and showed F0 - F1. Before starting tx number two in 2011 I had to have a Fibroscan in order to qualify for the free drugs from the drug company before they were licenced here. My fibroscan showed 6.7 which was equivalent to F0 - F1 and below the threshold required to qualify. They redid the fibroscan 5 minutes later and got a reading of 7.2  -equivalent to F2 which bought me the golden ticket. so I guess I count as F2. I have a new fibroscan being done in 6 months to see if things have changed now I am SVR.
Wow great results.  Jellyburt and TexSUnflower, I am happy to add you.  It will take some time to get from me excell preadsheet to the pictures but it will get there.

Swimmer  Yes, yes , yes!  Are you back to long distance swimming?  I am finding it to be a long road back to the physical activity I did before Tx.  

ceanathus - you know how relieved I was to read about your SVR.  I hope the cirrhosis is held at bay now (me too).

to bogirl, advocate  and all others.  It is my pleasure to do this. I am sorry I update so slowly, but the more data the better so keep it coming.

jellyburt - your SVR is especially great since you were still detectible at week 4.  I guess that is why you had to do the grueling 48.

yodennis  - your SVR was especially sweet.  How are you holding up post tx.  I know you were quite the health buff.  Are you back to where you were?  Like I said, I am struggling .
just a short note...my hgb was 9.7 when the riba was reduced.  thanks for all that you've done.  lots of people have SVR'd!!!  belle
Bean you are the best, I don't know how you kept up with the stats while on tx. I could not keep up with the paper towel roll.
I really admire you so very much.  You are a sweetheart.
Gosh, I wish there was a way we could all get together and actually meet each other.  I know I have images in my head of what everyone looks like.
You are the best
D
Hiiii Frijole,
I have not been on the forum in several months, but am happy to see you are keeping track for so many.  Your work is such a blessing and helpful tool.  I will take a look at the spreadsheets when I have a bit more time, and get back to you and/or give an update in my journal.

Hugs & Best Wishes,
Bee
Triple tx w/VIC 2011-2012
UND several times
1 month post tx UND
6 month post tx relapsed
1 year post tx still detected, will post numbers later