Hepatitis C Community
Steriods and tx
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Steriods and tx

I My GI MD has said NO steriod injections while on tx. Is this normal and does anyone know why??
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
717272_tn?1277594380
Yes, TX only works because it stimulates the immune system to do its job.  Steroids suppress immune system.  It would be counter-productive and defeat the TX.  I've also read suggestions that patients wait a while before using anything immuno-suppressant afterwards, too.  You can use topical steroids (on the skin) and an injection into a joint might be okay, but nothing like oral steroids which puts them system-wide.
Blank
No offense, but you don't know what you are talking about.  Steroids do not suppresse your immune system, or they they would not prescribe them for AIDs patients.

you might want to check out:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/Hep-C--anabolic-steroids/show/775579

They are not the evil agents that the general public makes them out to be.  They were developed for situations such as these.  And using a cream is no different than using injectables.  You just have to use more (and every day) to get the same effect.

Trust me I've used both; for years.  I switched over to injectables because they are safe and I can control the dose better.

Most doctors no little abour steroids because a; they are not in the mainstream, and b; there is little research being done on them.

If you want to see an interesting docucmentary on the subject, rent BIGGER, STRONGER,FASTER by Chris bell.  It addresses all these questions.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank