Hepatitis C Community
Stolen Body Parts

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Stolen Body Parts

There have been several lawsuits filed in NJ involving stolen body parts from funeral homes in NYC.  The body parts were illegally harvested, sold to several blood and tissue companies, and then distributed to hospitals around the country.  The illegal body parts were not screened for any diseases, including HIV, hepatitis B and C, and syphilis.  Lawsuits have been filed against the medical supply companies and the funeral parlor.  It is expected to become a national class-action lawsuit.
Three Atlantic County residents who received bone transplants have tested positive for hepatitis & syphilis.

On a lighter note, I hope everyone has a safe & happy New Year.

MJ

Interesting...

Do you have a link to some of the articles. i would like to read more on this..

God Bless

TonyZ
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/local/atlantic/story/5794903p-5811459c.html

I hope this link works.

MJ

<FONT SIZE="+9" COLOR="99000">Happy New Year</font>
whoooooooo hooooo!! I got a toe for sale, any takers?

I might even be able to spare a finger or two if the price is right!!! LOL
I'm ok on toes and fingers - though I surely do have some areas that could stand some improvement. I suppose a 'live' inventory is unavailable? Size and performance characteristics would be the deciding factor in what I'd be willing to spend.
heck, I just want a new body, think I could trade mine in?

Happy New Year to All.  I haven't been posting much because I've been so sick but you are all in my thoughts.
LOL I can relate I want to get some new b**bs now that mine have shrunk away with the rest of the fat...you think they have a good pair for cheap?  ;-)
Sailor: Aw heck. I hate to hear you're not well. Hopefully this spell will pass, as they often seem to. I wish you the best. Hang in there, it's not forever.

Wouldn't that be nice, "pick your size & shape!"---while we are at it I would like some muscel tone back so my limbs don't look like sticks anymore and my hair please.
Thank you.  I'm a tough cookie, I'll get through this.  I just seem to be bonding a lot with my bed lately.
Right back at ya!  

LOL, I had the same problem last night with my shot.  It's like, where do I try now??---there's nothing left!  My legs are like toothpicks and whats left of my poor tummy feels like a pin cushion.

I may contact you about the shampoo.  I'm going to give the Nioxin a few days.  Right now "hunks" are falling out just from touching my hair.  

On a positive note, my body seems to have forgotten that it is going through menopause with everything else going on! :))
If you decide you want to try it let me know. I'd be glad to help out anybody here that I can and it does help a lot.  Of course with all my hair problems there's not so much to make thick LOL but I am sure you get that.

If I work on my hair and use a ton of product it comes out ok but then after that it pays the price for the product/styling/curlilng/blow drying and falls out anyways.

Seriously I am going to find a gorgeous wig I think after I recup some finances from Christmas.  Then I wont care what happens to my hair and it can start all over from scratch and I can see what the real color is. I haven't seen that in probably 20 years or more!  :-)

LOL yes I need some muscle tone TOO!  I was actually looking at my leg last night to do my shot going "intramuscle? where exactly would that be?????

To stick people everywhere like us...(I do feel like one of those stick bugs or an alien or something now so freaky looking all legs and arms)

HAPPY NEW LIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
Well, Ladies, it is good not to feel so alone with the stick legs & loss of hair.  Not that in the past 14 wks that I have lost weight, (I haven't),but since I am too sick & tired to get any exercise, my muscle tone is rapidly declining.  
Goof, you give me a good chuckle sometimes & Beth, thank you for your kind words yesterday. I truly do appreciate all & I have learned from each of you. I wish I had more knowledge to share with you as you ALL have shared with me.
And Sindog, thank you for your words, I am trying to come out of this depressive state, feel better today.