Hepatitis C Community
Stomach Growling

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Stomach Growling

I am new to this board. I am 53 yrs old and have had Hep c for probably half of my life. I am also down to 1 kidney due to cancer.

I have had stomach pain, in the naval area, for nearly half my life and hope it is something related to IBS. My stomach now growls more than half of the time that I am awake. My rear end is also tender and has been for a few years. I am curious if the stomach growl is a common symptom. I have been cancer free for 6 years. The tumor was a papilloma but large. The doctor thought he got it all.

I have been feeling like s##t for awhile and don't see a regular doctor as often as I should. I have had bad luck finding one I could trust as being competant and effective for my personal needs. I am trying a new one with the hope that he is competant.

My last liver biopsy was 9 yrs. ago andthe Dr. at Oregon Health Sciences University reccommended I wait to treat. I am going to get another biopsy soon. My genotype is 1 I think b and my viral load is 1,381,259 IU/ML LOG 6.1. I also had a slightly elevated potassium level at last bloodwork (possible cryoglobulinemia ?).
Welcome to the board Al.

Don't know if the growling is connected to Hep C or not but, I too have a serious growling in the mornings and it is sometimes embarasing. I just tell the people around me that it's all growl and no bite and not to be scared.

Tommy

I have had some of the other symptoms of Hep C that I have read about on various boards. I am to the point of needing to do the treatment. I am currently taking Zoloft and try to steer clear of prescription medications as much as possible. I have irregularly used milk thistle, st. johns, gingko etc.. I'm afraid that if I needed to take something regularly or it would kill me, I would probably die due to forgetulness.