Hepatitis C Community
Stress

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Stress

Can having a very stressful night cause anything to happen to cause liver pain? It is 1 month today til I can see Dr. and have noticed a little liver discomfort the last few days and it seems worse this morning. I have tested Pos. told(wrongly) that I couldn't be treated. I have the no Dr. for 6mos. thing almost licked for new insurance to cover "pre-existing". Thank You
I,ve found that stress seems to cause pain in my liver but my doctors dont think that this happens.I hope you try and relax and do fun things till your next appointment.Sorry our insurance system is making you wait to get treated. Hang in there.
Your pain could be from your tummy from your stress.
Iratable Bowel Snytrom (IBS) can cause pain in that area as well. Stress can really do a number on you. Try to relax (I know, easier said than done) until your next Dr visit.
Avatar n tn
Thanks guys. I will try to relax. It seems sometimes that this last month was longer than the first 4, but I'm still not yellow and I'm not swelled up and except for tiring easy, I'm doing pretty good.
Avatar n tn
I told my doc yesterday that I was having discomfort in my liver area and he said that Hepc didn't cause discomfort....hmm!  He did however say that stress could be the culprit. I am a very stressed person anyway so I've decided to just CHILL OUT over this disease because the hairs on my head are numbered (quote from the bible) and will only die when I'm supposed to.
God Bless!
Avatar n tn
It seems that stress knocks me for a loop, liver discomfort too.

Scott
Avatar n tn
Ditto!
Pattie
Avatar n tn
I think all these doctors that doubt liver pain are full of
sh*t! Just my opinion...
Avatar n tn
STRESS! it can do all sorts of weird stuff,it probley can also increase your sides while on tx.I belive it is the worst thing you can have while suffering from any illness. CHILL!!!!
Avatar n tn
Hi folks,

Couldn't agree more.  Seems like everytime I get in a stressful situation my right side, under the ribs, gets that dull deep ache.  Was happening even before I was diagnosed HCV so I know it can't be in my head.  Don't know why it happens.

Best to all,
Steve
Avatar n tn
I am posting here because "liver pain" was mentioned.  What does liver pain feel like?  And how is it identified as "liver pain".

Sa psycho - but
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
Dee1956 commented on VICourageous's status
Vendetta2016 commented on Is It the Common Cold...
May 02
Track your weight over time