Hepatitis C Community
Suboxone and HepC treatment

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Suboxone and HepC treatment

I've been trying to reach out to a fellow poster called NYGIRL because we have the same thing in common. I'm trying to decide to start TX with Pegassis and also I take Suboxone. I have not been able to speak with one person who has done this and I heard you have so, please e-mail me I need some help with this.
...***@****...
Thank You
Pauly Boy
this thread contained your post on this matter:

"peg. and suboxone - dyce: 03/23/2006"

if you scroll down you can read the answer to your question.

also, be careful with the email thingy, MH has a certain rule about posting personal data in this website. Some members can  get quite crafty while posting contact information.
Ha pauley, how are things today? Cuteous is right, I've seen em zap posters off the board for presenting e-mail info!

Dyce
bohica? You and nygirl have a gift for email names.
So how you doing today? Staying out of trouble i hope.
i have been on suboxone for two years and was undectable at 12 weeks. i also read an artical stating that nalprexone found in suboxone was actually good for liver recovery?? i am look for svr in 20 weeks from now.
good luck,
bobby
hey you posted previously-doc wrote your script & said'see ya in 48 weeks'....really? pretty friggin cold or great support staff?..Doin shot #20 tonite,so i'm a month behind you!...leave that lamplight trimmed&burning.........
Hello cando, I'm ok but I'm tired. Hope the anemia isn't creepin in. I'm almost a full 4 weeks into this tx. How are you? I was saddened to read the post where the gentleman died waiting on the tp. I feel for the people with more advanced damage than I have. You are gonna be fine ,this stuff will help your liver. It's documented fact peole have backed thier liver damage 2 stages after txing with the meds.

Keep the icecream coming,
                         Dyce
Today I think I experienced a close encouter with RIBA RAGE.
I still am unable to sit still or really even communicate what is going on. Only that my level of frustration is soooooo strong, I am almost afraid to speak out loud, for fear I will say or do something I will regret,(cant unring a bell yanno)
If anybody out there prays,..please say one for me, I am so uptight, angry, pissed off, irritated, disappointed, and plain tired of dealing with so many STUPID people!!!!!!!!
Who the hell coined the phrase "common sense" it seem so rare in my life to work with people who possess this rare quality.
I deal with freaking idiots, who have to be led by thier snotty little noses day in and day out,......and right now I want to scream. I am going to go take a lunesta and go to sleep, hopefully I will find soome peace in that.
And hey,..if nobody wants to answere my post,....thats okay too,.....since about the only person on this board that takes anytime to talk to me is can-do (thank-you so much)
I am invisible to most everybody else.lilmoma
whoa gal,bad day?? shared similiar feelings this morning&yesterday,heck many days!..just can't find any peace of mind-i was a v unhappy camper....Glad yu can Vent here!! ...Common sense is Not that common.........You are not suffering fools gladly,go figure!!!    GOODLUCK little moma
So how did your day go? "OPPS" wrong thing to ask. And yes that riba rage is really tough when dealing with stupid people. Belive me i know. I just try real hard on walking away, had to do that myself today. But it can be really tough though. Just remember theres stupid people and crazy people. I consider myself one of the crazy ones. Some might differ with me on that but i'm a proud card caring crazy person. Hope things get better for you. And if you want just scream at me and say whatever you need to make you feel better. Thats what my wife does. Take care lilmoma i enjoy your company.
Ha there young lady, I know where your coming from, this stuff puts me on the edge of my seat at times. I get this wirey feelin around some of the dead heads at work, especially when ask dum ? A good nite sleep is in order, tomarrow will be better.

Dyce
You won't feel this way forever, Lilmomma.  Sleep sounds like a good strategy for tonight.

Here's a strategy for tomorrow.  My best friend invented this for me.  She gave me: (1) an empty silver pail, (2) a silver pail filled with 24 stones (or, for others, however many weeks of treatment you have), (3) a wok, and (4) a permanent marker.  Hang the wok in a tree.  Each week/shot day, take one stone from the full pail and write a word on it (it can be a mean, nice, religious, vile, riba-raged word--whatever you need/want).  Put the number of the week on the back of the stone.  Throw the stone and hit the wok.  Pick up the stone and put it in the empty bucket.

I started this in week 4 so I got to throw 4 stones on my first day. (You're further along--you get to throw more). When the second bucket is full of stones (that is, no more shots), you take the bucket and a bunch of friends/family to a special place (I'm going to a river) and each person you love throws the stones into the river (or wherever).  

I was at rock bottom when I started this ritual.  And it's really helped me.  My "empty" bucket is more than half full now (13/24).  Also, I have a special secret stash of stones for riba rage days.  They're just for throwing at the wok.  My 8 1/2 year old son loves to join me.

Throw some stones, girl.  With warmth, Deb
Hey, you can't feel that way about stupid.  Stupid is genetic, they don't know any better.  IGNORANT, now thats a whole new can of worms.  My husbands philosophy in life is quite simple: the moment you assume the people around you have their head out of their @ss, your F***ing up.  I hate it when he's right, but on a daily basis,... well sounds like you know exactly what I mean. I dread the riba rage, so far, 7 shots in, it hasn't hit.  But I warned the people I work with. so the other day, I  Snuck up on a guy at work (turns out it wasn't who I thought it was...) and scared the holy **** out of the guy.  He's a foreign national, and I don't think he got it.... but he said "are you on medication?"  I just about died laughing!!!  I told him that was what was known as a good comeback.. still don't think he got it.... long sigh
LilMomma I am sorry you had a bad day.  Monday isn't my favorite day either, EVER!  Pamper yourself in a bubble bath and take a little LilMomma time.  God gives us a new day every day, and I hope your tomorrow is better.

Dyce, four weeks is when my anemia kicked in.  Are you still having CBC's pretty often?  It sometimes takes a week or so to get the procrit approved.  My main symptom was tired and huffing and puffing going up and down stairs, walking distances.  It was amazing how much better I felt when the procrit kicked in.
lilmomma: Problem with giving/getting support when the frustration level is gnawing through us is that in that mood we just don't wanna hear it. When I get all ticked and riba'd out all I want is a magic bullet answer. And yup-sleep is about the only thing that gets me out of it.
Gotta admit I like algernon's little wok thing. Keep telling myself I'm gonna get a 'Heavy Bag' to punch when I feel like that but I figure I'll pass out after 3 pinches so might as well just go to bed so I save myself the fall.
The thing that really kicks me is that I can be havin a good day or hour and then it just comes out with no warning. Hope you find a way to work through it. Maybe next time just come and post about some of the dum things they do at work. Get it out.
Ya got my prayer tonight, and Lady you are not invisible...sometimes we just miss the clear shining lights  when they need to be appreciated, like gems when we get caught up in their beauty and don't realize they have a scratch because we just really, really want em to be okay so bad.
Sleep serene, we see you,
Don
Thank You bobby, cuteus, and dyce,
Boy it's good to know that I can do TX and not have to wait for an answer for some other problem. Having a Dual problem like this can really screw you up. Thats why all the info we can give each other is so important, especially when there are things like this that can make a difference between something being a success and it being a failure.
What's the deal with the e-mail thingy. I wasn't aware of anything I did  being incorrect or against any type of board "rules". If I did tell me what it was. Thanx everyone and keep helping each other.
Pauly Boy
I'm sorry you feel like your invisible.  At times I get that feeling too, but it passes.

As far as the anger - frustration - etc level.  Early on in TX my doc tried to get me to take ad's.  I finally said yes but they made me so much more nauseaus than I was I quit.

Fast forward - I wanted to try a different sleeping pill than Ambien cause it's so expensive and my ins prescrip plan has run out.  I heard activan worked and was much cheaper.  Doc gave me a script for it.

Got Lorazepam (generic for activan) did not work for sleep at all.  BUT I found it was great for those times I feel angry, frustrating, like I want to strangle the cr##p out of my boss or husband.  It's kinda like a valium and I got to tell you it has made a wonderful difference in my life.  

I haven't gotten into a screaming match with my boss for over a month now.  When I feel myself start to argue with my husband I pop that little guy and in about 30 mins life is great again.  (relatively speaking).

Can you be more specific about the stupid idiots you work with?  Sometimes venting about specifics is quite helpful.

Valorie
good morning to all,

Amommy-- Did you get your PCR last week?  If you did when do you expect the results?
Glad the weather is getting better, it's also getting better in NY finally.  How are yoursxs?

All-- Hope all are having a good day.

Beagle
I hope things are better for you today.  I was trying to post before but kept losing the post so Ihope this doesn't come through a million times.  

deb in az
lil: It's the meds. People are just as stupid and irritating as they were before tx. The meds just help you identify those people/moments/things and give you the opportunity to fester, boil and explode.  Those times are meant to withdraw yourself and stay away from sharp objects. The difference now is that you are on powerful meds and fighting a tough disease - and you know that.  We have a responsibility to recognize the situations and conditions and do our best to make our cooler heads prevail. It's another challenge of tx that you can also achieve. Whatever else, be kindest to those closest and who support you in these tough times.  Good luck and good rest.
Algernon: great practice with the rocks and woks.
It does seem to run in waves (riba rage).

However, it's true the full moon affects emotions.  The moon controls the waters of the earth, the tide etc. Because the moon controls water and the human body in part water, it controls emotions more so durning a full moon. This is where the saying  "It must be a full moon" when people act crazy.  It has also been shown that more crimes of passion, murders and assults happens durning a full moon then any other time of the month.

Hope we all have a better day and week ahead.

Beagle
Hope you've been feeling well and things have settle down for you. Dale
Hi Mr. Beagle.  I did drag myself in for bloodwork last week.  I went on Thursday, and don't expect the results of my PCR until a week from Thursday.  Also, my "care manager" has been out of town and will be until tomorrow so I still don't have the results of my other tests (cbc, thyroid etc.)  Can't wait to get the info though.  I think my rbc are very low, we shall see.  
When did you end up getting your PCR?  How long do you have to wait for results?  Keep me posted.  I am actually feeling better today than I have in WEEKS if not MONTHS, so I am hoping to be around here posting today :)

Everyone be well today!  I have found that if I don't leave my house then at least the riba rage is contained :) lol
i'M HERE FINALLY!

(Sorry I didn't check last night from home).

I too am on the suboxone (thank GOD thank GOD boy is THAT STUFF a miracle or what???  :)

I have TWO KINDS of Hep C (genotype 1A and 1B) so it was a little rough to try and reach UNDETECTIBLE for me but I finally did.  I don't think the suboxone affected it ONE WAY OR THE OTHER and honestly...I need to start detoxing off of it but don't WANT TO (but I need an operation and well do need the other meds to work so they can knock me out) but as of right now I am on 8mg a day (was on 24mgs a day but found I could tolerate 8 just FINE)

Write back when you can.  I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you but I'm REALLY GLAD THAT YOU POSTED!  Don't disappear now! Let me know about YOU!

Debby
Sorry you haven't been feeling well but that your better today.  i should have my results on Fr. they say it takes 5-7 days to come back. Yours may to back tomorrow.  Let us know when you find out.

Beagle
Hey I didn't know there was another one of us subbies in here LOL

I mean it makes SENSE right but...cool!  We have a little club now!   :)
How are you doing?  How is your new position going? Didn't want to e-mail you because was unsure of your positions and where your were with the computer.  Didn't want you to get in any trouble with your job.

beagle
the email i gave you is my home one :) i am at work now packing up my office - ah...heavenly heavenly heavenly.

full of the radioactive pill right now I glow hee hee

too bad it's not contagious :)

When is hemo day? Today?
Okay, what was the question about Suboxone again?
howdy,

yes i am on suboxone and really want to just stop. i found a site for suboxone and some people said withdrawal was a bixch and some a piece of cake? i am just too lazy to quit. it does take all the affect out of pain relievers so think about it before surgery. i am down to 1.5 mg a day and get real sleepy when i stop for a day. i hate taking this stuff every day and having to plan around but it is a miracal better than the alternative. where in the city are you from. me and butch are from Ridgewood queens. righ next to bed/sty. love ny but my wife wants to stay in colorado.
hang in there it is great to have some advice and support. i have found i was taking to much peg,found commitment to care when my insurance said injectables were not covered and saved $18,000 and have had answered to side questions. thanks. my dr. is really a loss but it is to late to change. he never even called me re. 12 week pcr and i got it from the hospital.
nuff about him.
bobby
You are down to 1.5mg a day? GOD I'm still at 8 and I thought that was a big thing LOL. Holy COW I really have to start now but you know it DOES give me that rush of energy that I've come to rely on so much to get through the work day. I get EXHAUSTED if I skip a day by accident that is usually how i figure it out.

WOW 1.5 that is blowing my mind I have to get that low. Where did you start?

I'm in Northern Westchester County - not in the city. One of the reasons I looked in to sub was I just could NOT get up early on even the weekends to do the meth LOL way too lazy and you know I just wanted to QUIT but cold turkey was too hard.

They do say it's cake compared to without it - but I'm afraid. Totally afraid. I don't want to do it at all and honestly would rather stay on them for eternity - but I KNOW what I have to do.

Hey lilmoma - sorry things are tough right now. It can be a b!tch - thats for sure. This may sound trite, but what I remind myself about situations like what you describe is this: I can't change or control the situation/person/whatever, all I *can* control is how I react to it, or how I let it affect me. Easier said than done, but this usually works for me.

BTW, why is it that stupidity isn't protected from discrimination? Laws exist to protect nearly every class of people other than the stupid, who employers can discriminate against by witholding promotions, hiding from the public, not hiring at all, etc. 'Splain that one to me?

Best wishes lilmoma. I hope things start looking up right away.
Hi, I'm about 4 wks post-tx, I really was not fit for human contact  from about 3 weeks in.  The Riba-rage is still now just under the surface.  It's alot better when I'm steady w/ the AD's, but that's always been true.  I work with alot of people under stress, which puts me under stress, and they're all dense and unresourseful.  I'm still popping off.  But I do feel physically better and the depression issues are much alleviated.  I'm still itchy, though skin not dry, just having hives, I guess, continuing digestive issues, and still very weak appetite.  2 weeks after tx, I got a major, predictable, pet allergy and a huge cold, so I'm just coming out of it.  Still lazing around.

But I'm UD, so just give me 5 more months and I know I'll be SVR.  Plus, Eastern medicine characterizes the rageful behavior as related to the liver!

Just wanted to send everyone some warm wishes for a wonderful day today!  We are finally having some decent weather around here, and it truly does lift the spirits!  

lilmoma, I hope today is better than yesterday.  We have all been there at one point or another so please vent away!
pauly boy, Med help used to have a 'contact patients' section where all our emails were posted, but some bad users forced them to eliminate it and to ban posting personal information on the website, when you get a chance, read the terms and conditions section link at the top of the page. I was thinking about emailing MH and see if we can have that section again, with a waiver of some sort signed by each member who lists there.

Everyone who wonders where common sense went; I got this while on tx, do not take offense with the whiners statement, please!

here is what my beautiful 30yr old daughter send me not too long ago;
"Hey, I am forwarding this email after watching a program last night about a twice convicted felon, who was serving a 14 year sentence for robbery, getting a heart transplant in California. With 7 million people
in CA with no health insurance, 1 million dollars was paid by taxpayers to cover the inmate's transplant. How does it make sense at all? I'm planning on committing a felony as I currently have a cold. Who's with me?

Obituary
> Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend by the name of Common Sense who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valued lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and that life isn't always fair.
> > Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not kids, are in charge).
His health began to rapidly deteriorate when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student only worsened his condition.
It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.
> Finally, Common sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses and criminals received better treatment than their victims.
> Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot, spilled a bit in her lap, and was awarded a huge settlement.
Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.
> He is survived by two stepbrothers; My Rights and Ima Whiner. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still know him pass this on, if not you can give him a second death."