Hepatitis C Community
Sudden Blisters on my hands

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Sudden Blisters on my hands

I have gone to the dermatologist and still no answers.  Has anyone else had this problem?
I have sent off labs, but my dermatologist just has no idea.  I have been Hep C possitive for 20 years.  I have gotten really good info from the forum before, so HELP
i get blisters also. i had hepc for 25 years, been told it is from the hep c
Are they large clear liquid filled?  I had porphyria PCT which is how I was diagnosed with hep c.  I posted a pic on my page called porphyria.  
Sometimes blister type rashes can be a reaction (allergy) - have you taken anything new?
Back in 2000 .before i even knew i has C...i was getting lesion type tiny sores on my face area,i went for an aids blood test and i came back negative...at the time i figured they did and hep C test too...but i found out in 2005 that i had the C...anyway...as soon as i found out i had C...i had to wait a full year beore i started TX ...and inbetween that time i went on a liver friendly herbal TX ...and i did notice the lesions did stop...so it looked like it was because of the C...never did get another lesion from 2005 till to this day
Didn't your husband have the same condition?  He went through a series of phlebotomy's as well and is currently treating?  Since you are hepc positive also, are the symptoms on your hands similar to his?
Blistering and tearing of the skin especially if it's just a slight bump to the hand are a pretty good indication of PCT.
They can do a blood test or biopsy the fluid from the blister to determine if it's porphyria cutanea tarda.  
I get lessions on the back of my hands that become filled with water? or something clear on occaision. they have been misdaignosed as a variation of a wart but a knowlegeable dermatologist said it was a result of cirrhosis and it now treating with a cortisone ointment and as it isnt working well are going to inject the cortisone into the lessions.
I have had  HCV for approx 30 years. Starting tx soon.
Good Luck
My dermatologist specializes in infectious diseases concerning the skin, I got lucky.  The only way to relieve the blister problem is phlebotomies.  The sun brings out the blisters.  Your ferritin is probably high.  I am not a doctor but I had the same condition.  I do not have cirrhosis, but the condition, porphyria cutanea tarda, is from hep c.  Cortisone will not cure it if that is indeed what you have.   Trin also dealt with it.  

Denise
Hey everyone,
     I want to thank all of you for all the information.  I had a friend with Hep C besides my husband with hep C.  He was to embarassed to ask his question, but once he saw how everyone was so helpful, he signed up.  I really appreciate everyone for being so unjudgemental, kind and welcoming to all that need the support of this type of community.  
Thanks Again,
AmeliaFufu
I will send you the bill in the mail.