Hepatitis C Community
Svr 12 Solvaldi Olysio,ribaviron

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Svr 12 Solvaldi Olysio,ribaviron

Hard to believe but I have been told I was cured of hepatitis C.
I am a 50 year old male who had type 1a. I have stage 4  developing cirrhosis.
I treated three previous times over the last 10 years.
I would like to thank all of you at this board for lending your advice, support and information over the years.
It truly made the experience much less difficult.
A special thanks to the founders of Med Help who started this as a non profit years ago.
Their  easy to use board was populated with so many knowledgable people who helped me understand a disease which I had never heard of when I was diagnosed.
Those of us who struggled with this disease as the new treatments and science moved ahead over the years share something special.
Of course I will be continuing 6 month scans of my liver years ahead.
Again thank you all !
What great news--very happy for you and hope this is the beginning of years of virus-free life.

One critical question :  Did you use a Protease Inhibitor in any of your prior treatments?  As may of us have, I did use a PI in my latest (relapsed) course and for those of us still seeking SVR, it clearly plays into simeprevir response.  

May your ultrasounds always be clear.
Fantastic. Wow...to have failed three times before and to now achieve SVR must feel incredible (sorry it didn't happen years ago - but glad it did happen - finally!). Your post sounds like you anticipated not reaching SVR - glad you were wrong. Good Luck. Jo
Thanks Wmomitch,

I didn't treat previously with pi's.
As a 1a non responder I was was advised to hold out for sofosubuvir.
According to my doc the ledipasvir is going to bring high curd rates for non responders of all kinds. I was told that I could treat with ledipasvir with expected success regardless of my previous treatments including Olysio Sovaldi Riba combo.
I hope you have the opportunity to treat with these new drugs soon.
Hang in there
Congrats.  By the way, are you the same Giddyup from years ago?  And didn't your spouse post for you back in the day?
Congrats, wow you were one of the first ones at this site. So this is really great news. Enjoy
Hi, I'm sooooo happy for you, always good to see dead dragons,! Enjoy your life now!  It gives us so much encouragement, especially with all that you have been through. A question/// did you treat with only the Sovaldi Olysio combo? If you're busy I completely understand...
So sorry, just saw my question answered in your post, duh?? I still have a bit of brain fog...thanks so much and best to you!
Congratulations! Another dragon is slated! I am so glad that old timers and newbies are both having success!
A big congratulations to you!
I just went DVR on S/O this week too
A good week
Enjoy !!!!
Haha not DVR , I meant SVR
I was 43 years with hep c, now gone
Congratulations on slaying the beast!  I take my last pill in about 15 minutes.  3rd attempt.   I hope I'm enjoying the feeling you are basking in today soon!
Thank you!
Yes I am the same giddyup. Yes, my wife wrote in under my name and had her own monicker "woesme" I chose the name because some of the posts when I came here were so funny I felt giddy and up. It is sinking in that this weight has been lifted. what a great feeling. I just asked my wife and she said  the diagnoses was in 2002. There were a few foggy years after that and I had trouble getting the dates right.
Congrats!!!!!!
Well Done!
Congratulations!
"Cured" sounds really good!

Mark
Great news...So very excited for you
.....Kim
Good job!  It must be such a huge relief hearing those words.

Marty
I remember you too!!!!!

Congrats!
Congrats, what a burden lifted. WmoMitch, you stated that it is critical if Giddyup5 had done prier Protease Inhibitor treatment. Why is that critical, I fall into that category and will be treating again?