Hepatitis C Community
Swollen Lymph Nodes

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Swollen Lymph Nodes

I am on my second try of the combo, but this time doing a nightly shot of 5 miu's and the 1200 mgs of Ribavarin.  Just recently I felt a swollen spot which was hard and was part of my skull, as I thought. I was asked how long they had been there.  I was told they were Lymph Nodes.  The Node below left ear is is normal one that is in the soft area, has been swollen and it comes to a point.  The ones up higher which I thought was nothing do not go away, as well as ones in neck and the one on behind left ears soft area.  Could this be caused by the heavy dosage I am doing?  I am doing this without a Dr so if you know anything please let me know.  Just recently I lost being able to get blood work done I followed it closely to see if needed to back off some.  Now I have no idea whats going on inside me. I am on disability from former Govt. job.  I have had Hep C 10 years not sure of month but is either November or December of 1991.  I was in a burn unit and was given 28 pints of blood during grafting.  I was also given Hep B but my body fought it off.  The C is chronic.........Thank You