Telapriver
Does anyone have tried Telapriver is this really effective.
Hi marso, I was reading your profile and it looks to me like you are asking about triple treatment for your husband who is post transplant is this correct ?
it's working for me. i am in my 9th week and was undetectable at 4 weeks. i think the cure rate is double for most people.
The side effects with either of the triple txs (Victrellis and Incivek-Telaprevir) are pretty difficult for many people.  If your husband is post transplant, it would probably depend a lot on his condition at the time of starting treatment.  There is another forum member Allison1965, whose husband is post transplant, and who is doing triple tx with Incivek.  Also George is post transplant and tried triple tx, but had to discontinue due to complications.
Advocate1955
George, that I referred to above, is glair.
Advocate1955
It is the transplant center decision based on his current condition which only they can assess. They are the experts. Only they can weight the benefit vs risk.

The biggest issue for post transplant patients is managing the blood level abnormalities 3 drug therapy will cause. It is very difficult for patients to get through 48 weeks of treatment with servere anemia, neutropenia, and low platelet counts. As the 3 drug therapy has more severe blood level issues in post transplant patients. Often helper drugs are needed and some times transfusions. Theoretically the success rates should be higher with 3 drug therapy if a patient can complete treatment. SVR rates with peg-INF and Ribavirin are only 30%.

There is no available data on treating post transplant patients with 3 drug therapy. A post transplant's treatment is very different than people that haven had transplants. So looking for general advice is fine. But a lot of the details are completely different are different for post transplant patients.

His transplant center knows all this. He must work them closely if he is to treat his hepatitis C.

The solution will be the next generation of non-interferon treatment bit I am sure your husband's fibrosis is progressing quickly so it is best to try what is available currently.

Good luck to you and your husband!!!
Hector
If your husband is post transplant you should always mention that in all posts. He is in a unique and very small group of hep C patients that treat. People that have recurrence of hepatitis C in their donor liver. All other people except for glair are treating the virus in their own livers and are not on immunosuppressants. Which make a huge difference in his treatment.

Your husband's circumstances are different than 99% of the people on this forum except glair so you shouldn't think that your husband's treatment is similar to the others on this forum. What could be fine for the vast majority of hep C patients could cause rejection in your husband. You will receive incorrect information if you do.

Your husband is in the most difficult to treat group of patients beside those treating right before transplant. I am the only one on this forum that will be treating his hepatitis up to the day I get my transplant.

Cheers!
Hector