Hepatitis C Community
Temperature

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Temperature

Hi.I have a couple of weeks finished treatment for hepatits C with pegintron/ribavirin. During the treatment i had temperature at levels round 37.3-37.4 celcius not changing for 4 days after injection. I measured the temperature the last two days and it has been 37.2-37.3 celcius. I was asking can it be possible by the medications i took, my body needs it or I do not know.These days if have feelt my self very anxious, frightend, concerning about every think but it comes and goes. I don't know i'm feeling not 100% of my self. Is the peg/riba causing this.
Thank you
The fever may continue for some time aftere you stop tx. It should go away then may be in 1 month
The drugs stay in our bodies for some time. I think it's 6 weeks for the interferon, and 6 months + for the ribavarin. My Dr. told me to expect to feel better, but also I may have days where I felt like I took a shot. So far 4 weeks+ post I have more energy, but have had a couple of days where I've felt feverish.
All the best to you!
I had constant fever for about 5 months post 2 years of last treatment.

All the best!!