The Russians are coming ,well I hope they are !
Anybody seen this  ? Russian scientists have developed an innovative drug that can cure hepatitis C within a month. They started their research in this area over 20 years ago and at present, they have patented the drug which will be available for sale next year.

The drug known as Profetal is based on human alpha-fetoprotein, says Alexander Petrov, head of the Ural Pharmaceutics Cluster, where the project is underway, in an interview with the Voice of Russia.

“This drug is based on a protein, which is produced in the body of women during a certain period of time, and under normal conditions it does not exist in the blood at all,” Alexander Petrov said.  

The specific of alpha-fetoprotein is that it penetrates into a cell where the virus exists and washes it out into blood. Later, anti-virus drugs completely destroy the causative agent of the hepatitis C. As a result, the patient is cured of the dangerous disease within a month.

Although the alpha-fetoprotein is well-known and has been studied thoroughly, no one has made such combinations with it as we do.

The effect achieved by the Russian scientists is much greater than that is produced when patients use traditional drugs against hepatitis C. The course of treatment using these drugs is one year and costs more then one million rubles. In fact, traditional drugs can only remove symptoms but do not cure the illness. According to the specialists from the Urals, the use of profetal leads to a fall in antibodies in blood up to ten times and a patent is completely cured. Interestingly, the wonder drug is ten times cheaper than traditional medicine.

At present, a factory in Novouralsk is being rebuilt to produce profetal. To buy hi-tech equipment and construct buildings, 960 million rubles have been spent. The Skolkovo fund has made a significant contribution by allocating 400 million rubles to produce it.
             This article was posted on THE VOICE OF RUSSIA    27 , Oct 2011     This is my first time to post. Been Pos for at least 5 years  , but cant get treatment due to $ ,and distance to a herb. Anybody have some comment on this article ? John
The following is from a Russian friends response .. after I read his response ... I goggled the russian name for Profetal Профеталь and translated a few links related to hcv ... snake oil .... imo

He said:
"Drugs are not regulated in Russia at all. Profetal is being sold there for a number of years as a panacea for almost everything. There is no information about Profetal (Профеталь in Russian) from any trusted sources whatsoever.
All signs of a scam are present, don't waste your energy on it."

I can't resist .. Sx can include a craving for Borscht and Vodka, excessive sentimentality, and fur growth on the head ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha-fetoprotein

>> cure hepatitis C within a month.

Drugs under FDA fast-track can do the same, assuming that 'cure' equates to undetectable viral load.

>> The course of treatment using these drugs is one year

as against 12 weeks for drugs such as 7977

>> washes it out into blood

Uh huh?

>> traditional drugs can only remove symptoms but do not cure the illness

'cos all those cured folk's doctors are falsifying the results, natch.

>>a factory in Novouralsk is being rebuilt to produce profetal. To buy hi-tech equipment and construct buildings, 960 million rubles have been spent.

Reeks of a scam to bring in gullible 'investors' to me...
http://www.****.com/mt/  Also found this on hepatitis central ,however they do have a lot of adds on the pages to buy stuff. Dont know if its a reptuable site or not . Do know that my liver pain decreased when I read the article . I know thats not reasonable ,but in fact it did . Probaly just stress related.
I'm sure that's not politically correct, but thanks for the good laugh!
Yes i heard about it.......

You drink a whole bottle of cheap vodka then take a tour of Chernobyl.  Next day you will wake up virus free :)
UK, I guess I'm not the kind of person folks would call politically correct ... old enough and a bit crusty around the edges ... can't please everyone ....

Glad you got a laugh out of it  ; )

Cheers

Aaron57, very smrtly stated , in a last post on this subject, that you still need anti virus to kill the virus.
Will we be discussing vampirism soon?  LOL.
Wouldn't be surprised  CL .. there is allot of blood sucking happening ...

Every 4 weeks I meet  a woman that loves to suck my blood .......  

I do call her Dracula sometimes .. we get a laugh  ; )

CBC's .....

You should not laugh! I have hepatitis C for many years. I have cirrhosis of the! I have checked the information and communicate with people. The guys really did a miracle and I will soon get the medicine! I am Russian, but I live in the U.S.. Thank you guys for a Russian invention!
I have a dear friend with Hepatitus C who is very, very, ill.  Not sure if he'll make it through another year.  I heard about Profetal and have been trying to find a source in order to buy this.  Would you be able to share your information with me and let me know if I'm able to send away for it?
Thank you,
Rosalind