The side of my head is so itchy
The left side of my head above my ear has been itching for months. It drives me crazy at times. Is this from my Hep C? It feels like ants are crawling in my hair. My ear canals also itch and right there on the outside of my ear. What is that?
Don't worry about the itching scalp:  it's just the hair follicles loosening their hold on your hair. :)  I have the same thing. The riba, apparently, is responsible for the itchiness.  I know exactly what you mean about the itchy ear canal thing.  YUCK!

Lady, I used Scalpicin. Buy it over the counter in any pharmacy, usually found in the dandruff department I think.  It has an applicator tip to get to the right spot in a hurry.  I kept mine bedside for emergency itches in the night.  Use Benedryl too.  It'll help.

A lot has changed in eleven years.  Hep C was barely identified in 1995.  If you don't make the time to care for yourself you soon won't have to worry about it but your children will.  You're  very ill and you have children and no husband?  Surely you must qualify for some kind of state assistance.  Go see a doctor even if you can't pay, what are they going to do to you?  Send you to jail?  Treatment has come a long way since 1995 and I'm betting you would qualify for free meds.
Thanks for the help. I haven't taken my shots for 11 years. I took the interferon shots and body was not responding and (almost right before I lost all my hair) my doctor told me to stop the shots. I have gotten all my hair back. Just don't know where my liver is at the moment. I put a different post up explaining that I don't have insurance and I have had to take off plenty for my kids and other days that my dizziness is too much for me. So I don't have the money or the time to take care of myself and it is soooo frustrating. I just want to know if I am dying or not. I was diagnosed with moderate cirrhosis 11 years ago and told I had 3-5 at that time. I don't think they knew much back then.
I bought Nuetragena T-gel from osco drug store Monday because my scalp was VERY dry, and itchy. was gross cuz everytime i went to itch flakes would fall(YUK!) anyways, it has worked soooo well. suppose to use it 2 x a week. Has menthol in it, says on the bottle FOR DRY ITCHY SCALP. and it feels soooooo good. immediately it took the flakes away, and also the itch has gone. I recommend it strongly. It is also cheap, i think i paid under 10 bucks for it!!
Im on week 12/48, and my itchy scalp is starting to drive me nuts too. I stated losing hair about a month ago too.
A couple of nights ago, I asked my husband to give me a scalp massage. I had him use massage oil on his fingertips and just massage it into my scalp. Ahhhh! It felt great, but it only worked temporarily and I had to wash it out in the morning due to oileyness (like from a massage).
I wish I could have that done every night...Can't stand the itchies!!
Best of luck to you!
-E
I have the same thing and it's not dandruff my head and is been itching for over year now in my *** itches to
The reason you are itching is because the Hep C causes your bilirubin to escalate.This causes the itching which is called pruritus.It can be torcherous,believe me I know.Ask your doc for a prescription for cholestyramine .Its a powder you mix with water and will relieve your itching.I tried it all and this is the only one that worked for me.