Hepatitis C Community
Total time of treatment

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Total time of treatment

For those of you who have recenfly started the triple treatment, how long did your doctor tell you it would last?  And how many have had to stop treatment?  I know the triple therapy is supposed to las 28 weeks, but in reality how long are you under intense doctors care?  Did you have any trouble with insurance?  (I have medical mutual).
The common treatment on the incevik triple treatment is 24 weeks if you clear it within 4 weeks. If you don't or have cirrhosis it's a 48 week treatment. I am on week 10 and my insurance is united health care, I have had no problems with drug approvals on anything. Good luck. Joe
I would love to hear the answer to that. My ins. is crap and I am going to have to renew in November and I will have to get a really expensive one if I am still on tx. It will be like 300 dollars every two weeks. Oh whoa is me..
Actually, $600 a month for insurance with a pre-existing is pretty darn cheap.