Hepatitis C Community
Transderm-Scop Patch??? Have you tried them?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

I am in need of finding a better treatment for all this nausea (side effect of the triple treatment for my Hep C) and was wondering if any of you have tried the Transderm-Scop patches that you wear for 72 hours.  Have tried Zofran and all it gave me was enormous headaches, now using the Phenegran but needed it every 4 hours like clockwork.....ANY opinions and information will be greatly appreciated.
Gravol 12 hr formulation works wonders.
I'm so sorry that Zofran didnt work for you - it is a true miracle drug for me, 100% effective with zero sx! I haven't tried that patch buy I did find a site offering comparisons of different anti-nausea drugs at http://www.drugs.com/condition/nausea-vomiting.html. I hope that helps!
Thank you!
Thanks I will check it out.
I'm afraid that I don't know about the patch but what did help me was acupuncture.  It helped with the nausea and with other sides too.  Just a thought.  Sorry this has been such a rough start for you.  I will pray that you  find just the right thing to work for you.  Keep moving forward one day at a time.
Thanks - and right now I am focused on one hour at a time.
Is this sold OTC ???
The only thing that worked for the Nausea was Medical Marijuana & plus it kept the weight on because when I first stated I lost 35 pounds but put it back on
I say stick with the Phenergan if it is working - and based on what I read about it, it ought to be doing a fairly decent job. I wish I could get an Rx for it. I could not tolerate the patch long enough to benefit from it let alone handle the side effects from the patch itself.

Most of the people I know who have used/tried those Scopalomine patches were either going on a cruise or going sailing.  The headaches you experience after using the patch for 72 hours are unreal but what I heard the most over and over is the withdrawal is phenomenal

The Novartis website lists the following under the "Adverse Drug Experiences" section of the prescribing information page:

Drug Withdrawal/Post-Removal Symptoms: Symptoms such as dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and headache occur following abrupt discontinuation of antimuscarinics. Similar symptoms, including disturbances of equilibrium, have been reported in some patients following discontinuation of use of the Transderm Scōp system.These symptoms usually do not appear until 24 hours or more after the patch has been removed. Some symptoms may be related to adaptation from a motion environment to a motion-free environment. More serious symptoms including muscle weakness, bradycardia and hypotension may occur following discontinuation of Transderm Scōp.

http://www.transdermscop.com/prescribing-information.htm
Yes, it is available OTC.  (Purchased in Canada).
It may go under a different name/formulation in other countries.
Google it if you need more info.