Transmission from cracks in skin
I was at a wedding and had very dry hands that were cracked and bleeding a bit. One of the guest's shook my hand and I noticed he had blood on his hand, too.  I found out he is a less than upright type who is also a drug user (don't know what kinds). I washed my hands after, but was wondering what we're the odds of getting hepatitis or HIV this way.
  If we could get HIV and Hepatitis from shaking hands, then many many more of us would show up with those diseases.

'what we're the odds of getting hepatitis ...this way.'
Zero.

Hector
Normally I'd agree, outright. But, I've read that if blood cones into contact with an open wound, there is a chance. He had a nickel sized spot of fresh blood and I had about five fresh openings on my hand. I can't find a site that says how likely it is, though (.1% means there's a chance, but not enough to worry over).  So I'd like to assess my level of risk, if possible.
If its gonna spin you in circles....just get tested. I agree with the above posters 100% but if you are stuck on it a simple test will resolve all anxiety over it.

Good luck/
I have hep C and have very few guesses as to where I got it or how long ago.    I'm 58 and there's no telling how long I have had it, I never knew it.  
No one ever tested me untl a year ago, because it was discovered I have severe liver cirrhosis (not cancer yet, knock on wood) and am right now being evaluated and prepared to be put on the translant list.    My extensive reasearch on all of it doesn't make me a doctor, but I can tell you my suggestion.        Go get tested or you may not find out you have it until yyou are my age!   It can take 20 to 40 years for hep C to trash your liver, and not all the symptoms along the way will make you them test you for it either unless you suggest it.   You can have symptoms for years that you are convinced are a result of other things and wonder why the doctors can't cure them when the facts are they are treating you for the wrong thing.   Just for your own peace of mind, get tested.
We can and do if both hands are bleeding.   Plus there are a horrible number of people who don't know they have it.