Hepatitis C Community
Treatment started

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Treatment started

Hi all,

I have not been on this site for a while---I did not want to concentrate on that thing (virus) until I begin my treatment. Ever since I was diagnosed there was no doubt in my mind: "I will do treatment". I was waiting for the PIs and feel very fortunate that I'm given an opportunity (unlike so many in the world) to have the best chance then ever to get rid of this damn thing. Now the time has come and I started my treatment with Incivek yesterday. Last night after the shot was a bit rough but nothing unbearable. Today I feel good except for a little tiredness.

I know it not going to be a walk in a park but I'm confident in who will win the battle in the end---ME. I wanted to wish anyone who just started or who is in the treatment for a while to stay strong and as little side effects as possible.
Merry Christmas and happy New YEAR. May 2012 be the year of many SVRs.
Cheers.
Welcome to tx world and use the forum whenever you need!   Merry Christmas to you....keep up the positive attitude.

Mo
Congratulations on making the first big step.

Yes, we will celebrate new year as SVR year!
Your attitude will take you far.
Keep remembering to smile and laugh.

Happiest of holidays.
OH
congratulations on starting and welcome to the forum...Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year...anne
Thank you all very much for your encouragement. This forum was instrumental for getting over diagnosis news and absolutely irreplaceable in getting educated about HCV. But most of all it was a place full of caring people ready to help and provide support to each other. I see that not much has changed since the last visit over a year ago. That is just great.
alex
Alex, Welcome to the community.  I just started my 8th week (triple tx Incv) and found this forum to be a wealth of information.  Happy and Healthy New Year.  Diane