Treatment vs. back pain
Well I am back, but this time its because I start treatment Oct 12th.  Have received meds  pegs/ribva ..  made a list of supplies to get before friday.    In 2001 I was in a racecar wreck and hurt my back.. Had several nerve blocks afterward which didnt last so I have lived with the pain ever since.  Last week it started hurting so bad that it made it difficult to walk even.  It doesnt hurt in my back but in my hips.  Question is will there be anything they can give me that wont mess with my treatment process.?
I DONT HAVE AN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION BUT SAW YOUR POST AND WANTED TO SAY HI! HOPE TREATMENT GOES SMOOTHLY FOR YOU!
I'm sorry to see this. Muscular pain is a very common side effect with tx.
Usually I can counteract back pain with ointments, stretching, walking, and massage. However during tx, that wasn't enough.
Massage and chiropractor works for many people if you haven't tried it, I suggest it.

One week when I just couldn't get it to back off, a freind gave me a cannabis brownie. It was so good I ate three. That was a bit much, and I barely made it to the bathroom in the night without falling down.
But, the next morning, all my muscles were completely relaxed, the pain was gone !

I doubt it's legal in your state. But if interested, do some searches on fibryomyalgia and medicinal marijuana. It works.

Deb, I forget the condition of your liver. If you have minimal damage you may want to rethink doing treatment now. The new all oral interferon free meds  will be available in a few years and do not have the problems with pain associated with interferon treatment.
Hi Debbie,

I too have a lot of hip pain problems, and when I was going through the study/treatment, the pain got so bad I had to go see the orthopedic doctor. He recommended nerve block injections, so I spoke to my hepatologist about it and there was no problem, he told me to go for it.

If you have to see the doctor who is treating you for your pain, have him contact your hepatologist and they will discuss what can and cannot be used. Most likely than not, treatment for the pain will be OK, as in my case.

Just remember that from now on, once you start treatment, any doctor you see for  whatever reason, who prescribes medication, it has to first be approved by your Hep C doctor. If you are in a study, it is even more important that you have the doctors communicating with each other because anything that shows up in your blood work that is not study related will be questioned, they are very strict about it.

I wish you the very best, have Faith, you will beat the Hep C virus, it will be a bumpy road, but you can do it.

Take care and God Bless.
I agree with OH. If your HCV Fibrosure stage: F1-F2 score: 0.34 then you might want to take the time to fix your back - maybe have nerve block injections again?.  Perhaps start a slight active program that involves walking and stretching. I know your job is physically demanding so you must have all kinds of stamina and endurance. I can tell you those two things go straight out the window on treatment. 11 years is too long to walk around with an intermittant back problem as potentially incapacitating as yours.

I'm not sure what they could give you when you start treatment that you could not receive right now on the merit of your back injury alone but truly I would not wait around to find out. I mean you read enough of these posts to see the words, "Tylenol" mentioned over and over again.
Best of luck
thanks for your response.  I know this will probably sound weird or whatever lol but i have basically put my life on hold for the past year in order to get approved through the hospital and they help pay for the treatment(i have no insurance)  the day is finally here and there is no way I will put it off.  Somehow or another I will deal with my back problems( definitely try some of the ideas on here).  I hope yall understand where I am coming from. I just want this done and over with so I can make some plans for my future.  I do want to thank everyone who has helped me get through the last year while waiting for my treatment to start and will continue to look to everyone for their advice.

Debbie  (Stay strong and love yourself)
You are the first person to suggest that.  Here in NC its definitely not legal but attainable.  I will talk with the doctor tomorrow when I go to my class to start treatment.
I know what you mean. I made lots of plans and concessions so I could treat without having to worry. There are so many doctor's appointments and labs and running around as it is.

The thing is it is possible your back may not bother you at all during treatment. Or at least any more than it does now.  I have heard lots of people share that their nagging inflammatory conditions are often held at bay during treatment.

I am not sure what kind of pain you are living with now but it sounds scary. If the nerve blocks worked then I would consider having them done again. I am not sure what that involves but I don't see it being any easier to find an equally viable solution during treatment. Let this be another one of the things you take care of prior to treatment if that is possible. :)
Good luck with your treatment. I had lots of problems with my shoulder joints prior to treatment due to inflammation. Two weeks into treatment my shoulders feel much better. I have no idea why, but I definitely have more mobility.