Hepatitis C Community
Triple Therapy 4 Week Viral Load Count

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Triple Therapy 4 Week Viral Load Count

For those who had a negative or low hcv viral load count at week 4 and are Genotype 1A ...

How long were you on the Triple Therapy treatment - 24 or 48 week?

What is your Genotype?

Are you in remission?
71%
 (5) 
24
28%
 (2) 
48
0%
 (0) 
Yes
0%
 (0) 
No
7 Members voted
Mine was low but not UND at 4 weeks, although it didn't matter for my length of tx. I had to treat 48 weeks regardless due to cirrhosis.
  Well, I was on Triple Therapy with Victrelis, so there is a 4 week "lead in" with just the Interferon and Ribavirin, so after 4 weeks of just that "soc"(standard of care) I was Undetected.
   I then went on to do an additional 24 weeks on the three meds then: Victrelis, Inf., and Riba. So it was actually a 28 week Triple Treatment for me.
  Oh, and I forgot to add: I was "Treatment Naive" (never tried treating before) and my biopsy had me at stage 2 (fibrosis) and grade 3 (inflammation).
The way you have your poll worded makes it's really hard to get a accurate reading as you are lumping both those that are undetected and those that are still detected in the same group... The guidelines for all those on triple therapy that are still detected at week 4 with Incivek or week 8 with victrelis  no matter what their viral count is 48 weeks of therapy.

Not sure what you mean my being in remission as your either cured or your not..... Also keep in mind genotype 1a has slightly lower cure rates then genotype 1b
"The guidelines for all those on triple therapy that are still detected at week 4 with Incivek or week 8 with victrelis  no matter what their viral count is 48 weeks of therapy."
------------------------------------
I did not quite word that right as I believe a person that is detected but under <10-15 IU/ml is considered undetected by treatment guidelines at week 4 or 8 depending on which PI they are taking.

What is your Genotype?

Are you in remission?

Genotype 1
Interferon, Ribavirin, Incicek
<43 DET at week 4
48 weeks treatment
SVR (Cured)
Hi I did 24 weeks, the poll only let me answer one question. I  wanted to say that I have been SVR or cured for 18 months.
I feel very fortunate to have reached UND by week 4, it was decided by my hepatologist that I would do 24 weeks despite the fact that I was in early cirrhosis.
At the time the recommendation said if you were a previous relapser and UND at 4 and 12 you would do 24 weeks, it then said that those with cirrhosis may benefit from an extra 36 weeks.
I don't know if this helps or not, just wanted to try to help.
I also didn't answer all the questions:  I was genotype 1a, and the Medical Profession doesn't refer to it as "Remission:" they call it "Sustained Viral Response" which refers to the fact that if you test my blood you will find NO viral load, and that was the case, 6 months after I tested, and it wont come back. If something is in "remission", like the herpes virus, for instance, then that implies that it can come back, such as, if the person in remission had a low immune system, the virus could bust out again. With the Sustained Viral Response (we call it SVR) this doesn't happen, so it is essentially a cure, as we are no longer contagious, and the destruction that the Hep C virus causes will no longer be going on.
    Many people get confused about this, as we will always carry a Hep C antibody. Sometimes they will go thwe Dr for something else, and be given an Antibody test, and be told that they "have the Hep C virus".  Then, they will run and get a viral load test, only to find that they are still SVR~