Turmeric/ Flax Oil/ Acai Juice/ probiotics for Hep C
My mother suffers from Hepatitis C. She has had it for over 30 years now.  She also has other minor ailments in her body. Anyway i'm trying to change her diet along with her Doctors advice on medications and such. My question is this. Does anyone know whether  the following items have any BENEFITS OR HARM for hepatitis C. Should she discontinue the use of any of the following supplements so as not to worsen the Hep C or would it actually help the Hep C stay under control?

1. Turmeric Powder (She takes this for general body aches)
2. Flax Seed Oil   (Takes this to keep her cholestrol under control)
3. Acai Juice   (Takes this for cardiovascular health and stomach problems)
4. Probiotics    (Takes this to help stomach problems)
Firstly, I would strongly suggest you ask your moms doctor about these before/after  getting opinions from lay people. I take and have been taking Tumeric for years, before my Hep C, dx, because of the anti inflamatory effects, and the studies which have been done that  show great promise that Tumeric can slow the effects of Alzhiemers...therefore I got my parents on it as well. One study showed that  India is the only country on earth apparently with no Alzhiemers problems, and they  use Tumeric/Cucumin in EVERYTHING! The scientist attribute the lack of Alzhiemers to the Tumeric.   Flax Seed Oil (Omega 3) is GREAT for everyone....(I only use organic products) and try to get it in my food sources first ...fresh salmon, Flax seed...but also take an organic supplement. My doctor highly recomends it, but again I was taking it before I was Dx.  

I just started mixing Acai juice in my fruit drinks/ on ocassion(mainly because it is so expensive) never heard of any negative effects...again I am new to this one....and think blueberries probably have as much antioxidents as the Acai berry.   The probiotics I would definatly go over with your Doc. Again no problems for me with them...I take mine in a yogurt form.  

Hopefully the doc is open to the alternatives. This list seems quite harmless to me and I have seen no negative effects on myself or my levels. But everything should be run by your doc...because we are all not living in the same body!   I started taking/eating more Japanese Mushrooms... Maitake.. Reshi, Cordyceps.... to build up my immune system....I have to say I feel stronger since I started but am waiting for the numbers to come in! But some folks might be highly allergic to them. So I would always run anything by the doc first....and always err on the side of caution! :)

Good luck!
Dragon Tamer
thank you for your response. she asked her doc and the only thing doc was not too sure of are probiotic capsules. but wanted to get opinion from others with this condition to see what they thought of it or have knowledge of it. so my take from you is that generally speaking 1. turmeric 2. flax oil  and 3. acai juice should not be harmful to hep c right?   with a docs consent of course.   by the way my mom has had this hep c for about 40 years now. she is now 70