Sorry if im lazy(i blame it on post tx brain fog) but i did three treatments a few years ago and am gearing up for another try. At one point i was undectable for a month on tx but wierdly it bounced back on tx. Im type 1 a . Ive been reading a bit here and there but my question is simply this; how much have the odds of curing increased for a people with the new drugs that came out this year?
The iPad won't let me copy paste pooh's links so this may be repetitive, but the quick answer is that there is a significantly higher SVR rate for relapsers but for null and partial responders the improvement isn't huge. I am a GT1a CT partial responder. I would have to do 48 weeks treatment for 58% chance of SVR.
Triple therapy side effects are much tougher than combo was. It is necessary to factor in your ability to tolerate treatment and take time off work. If you are on any other medications or have health issues that could be aggravated by treatment you would want to explore that fully before starting.
With better treatments in trials now the odds for getting a successful treatment without serious side effects have just shot through the roof. These treatments are likely to only be available to clinical trial subjects for another 3-5 years though. The drug which is causing the most excitement right now is PSI-7977 although it's name might change as Pharmasset has just been purchased by Gilead.
Wow thanks pooh copy and paste is just my speed . Odin , If the i pad is like the i phone youll get it with some practice. I agree we patial responders have somethings to think about with a a fifty fifty which is still better then the old soc for 1a's. Thank you both for help and support. I will be seeing hep doc in two weeks and i suppose they'll check for the ct- cc type stuff. Im thinking of waiting another year but my gi says i might be looking for a new liver soon so who knows thanks again to all the good peple here.
I personally have hep c 41 years, never tx, am 1B, TT
Biopsy stage and grade 2
But am starting triple treatment with victrellis January 31
My hepaologists says do not wait
I am lucky at my age (58) that medical condition allows treatment, and the have not begun serious bridging fobrous although getting close to 3( progressed from 2 biopsy from 4 years ago)
Discuss with your md
But if you are 2 or more fibrosis
Treating makes the most sense to me
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.