Hepatitis C Community
UND 16 weeks

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

UND 16 weeks

Hello, I posted this on Hep Social and it was suggested that I put it here for help Newbies
While my story is not typical and I had some medicine contraindications after finishing Incivek, I am doing well now, just took shot 18, I was UND at 16 weeks.  If I had this to do over I would do it again.  Yes, it was difficult once I finished the Incivek I had some problems however what I have gained is more than I could have hoped for.  This has been a huge learning experience for me.
To those who are working, my hats off to you.  You deserve an award.  I know that everyone has different side effects and no one can tell you what it will be like however I think many have a chance of the rash (56% with differing degrees of severity, only 1% of the people severe) and/or itching, burning from the excretion of Incivek however I was very lucky and received lots of good advice (Goof, step in anytime LOL)  I would like to thank the people who have gotten me to this place.  I appreciate all of  your input, advice statistics, explanations, support, comfort.  I could not have done this tx without all of you.  You are my family except you have have been where I am and have helped me to stay the course.

Thanks to all
Dee
Tags: Incivek triple peg riba, UND, 16 weeks, rash, Itching, burning
Hi Dee-
Congrats on this side too on your UND. Keep up the fight, you're getting there.
Happy new year,
Dave
Hi Dee...Glad you seem to be doing better. Keep fighting the good fight and we are all rootin for you !
Your pal..
Will
Dee, glad you are hanging in there. Congratulations on your UND status.
nice going dee ! i know you've had it tough and hope to see you svr as all of us here do...even though i had bad sx i too am glad i tx.....wish you the best of luck....billy
Congrats Dee.  You've had a tough haul, but its sounds like you're doing better now.  Hope that continues for you.  Best wishes.  
Dee, I am very happy to hear this news of yours. I have followed your posts as they came along here. You kept your chin up and kept going and here you are now standing in the sunshine. Wonderful.
Thank you so much for your kind words, it means the world to me.  
Dee
dee, i'm so very happy to hear you're doing better.  you've had it bad for a while.  you sound so much better now.  good luck in 2012.  we're all on our way to SVR!!!  peace.  belle
Thank you very much for responding to my post.  I really appreciate everyone on this forum, could not have gotten this far without you