Hepatitis C Community
UND African American
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

UND African American

Tonight I did shot #9.  Just got my week 8 results (4 weeks lead in with Peg & RIBA; 4 weeks on Victrelis)....UNDETECTED baby!!!  I am doing my happy dance!!  Actually got my results early because I ordered all my labs from my Hematologist' office, and they sent me everything.  So when I go to see my Hepatologist on Monday, I wonder should I act all surprised?  Or just walk in, in an Angry Bird costume, with some Krispy Kreme donuts for everybody :)

This goes to show that Victrelis does work for African Americans too.  Praising God for this victory and praying it will continue on to UND, UND, SVR!!  Thanks to everyone in this forum for all of your support, encouragement and wisdom.  We are all walking this journey together.  I wish you all SVR!
Blank
Congratulations !!!!!
This is a good news. I am also African American. I have geno4 and will treat with Victrelis. Please what is your RIBA dose? You have now given me hope. Please keep us posted.
Related Discussions
34 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711722_tn?1356491154
Oops, forgot to post my numbers:

MY VIRAL LOADS:
11/2010 = 2,000,000
5/2011 = 9,260,000
7/2011 = 15,800,000
8/2011 = 10,700,000
9/2011 =   329,000
10/2011 = UND
Blank
Awesome!!!
Blank
1652596_tn?1342015226
so happy for you!!!   belle
Blank
That girl is just GREAT news, being African American with a und at week 8 it just don't get any better then that.

Boceprevir-treated patients who achieved undetectable HCV RNA at treatment Week 8 had a high probability of achieving SVR; indeed, these SVR rates were 89% to 91% for nonblack patients and 78% to 82% for black patients.

I'd go with the Krispy Kremes, enjoy and congrats!!!
Blank
1765684_tn?1333822768
Hey, c'mon everyone.  Easy with those doughnuts.  You know you can spread HCV with those things!

I am SO SO SO happy for you, beeblessed.  Wishing for all wonderful things for you.  :)
Blank
I am so happy for you.  You have given me hope as I am also an African American.  Hang in there.  I will keep you in my prayers. You are my role model.
Blank
1747881_tn?1358189534
Congrats on the UND, thats great news and looks like you are well on your way to SVR. I can almost see your rainbow.

Keith
Blank
Bee...I have tears in my eyes!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Congratulations and of course you know I was scrutinizing your numbers....not too many of us doing VIC and every success is HUGE! Wow...makes my rainy day Saturday:-). Bless you and your weekend my friend.

Ps. Pics of Angry bird!!!!!

Hugs~

Vann
Blank
Awesome news!   Some praise needs to go to the Victrelis as well!
Blank
Fantastic news!  Congratulations!  Donuts should be ok so long is they are not creme filled. ;-)
Blank
What can I say? Have tears of joy for u. Soooo
Happy for u..  God bless
Blank
So happy for you!!!  I want some Krispy Kremes!  I have actually been craving them lately and haven't had a doughnut in years.. must be the Vic.   I am 20 weeks in tx with Vic and a CT.. UND since week 7.   Yeah for Victrelis.. we are kicking butt.  
Blank
910090_tn?1332171060
Congratulations!  What absolutely incredible news!!!  You sure have cause for celebration this weekend!  Post pics of the angry bird costume, lol.  And have as Kristy Kreme donut for me! Pleeez!  :-))  Sooo glad I came online to read these wonderful news!  Gives me strength to know how successful this new combo tx is!  

Blessings to you, Anita
Blank
1768199_tn?1323621536
Woooooohoooooo!   Congrats.

I vote for the Angry Bird costume and doughnuts.

Sherry
Blank
1815939_tn?1377995399
Very happy for you. Congratulations.
Blank
Congratulations !!!!!
This is a good news. I am also African American. I have geno4 and will treat with Victrelis. Please what is your RIBA dose? You have now given me hope. Please keep us posted.
Blank
789911_tn?1368640383
hey bee, so happy to hear that for you!!  
Blank
1770279_tn?1321076678
Truly happy for you. Now just hunker down, stay the course and plug along ... Inspired that your hard work and discomfort may really pay off in the long run.
The Vic gave me good rvr and now struggling a little. Keeping my focus on the future. Let's do this!
Blank
Always great to log on and see these posts! Awesome  news Bee!
Keep up the good fight....
Will
Blank
Way to go! Send some krispy kreme my way! So proud for you
Blank
163305_tn?1333672171
Oh happy day!   hip hip horay!!!!
Blank
That is great news. So glad to hear it.
Blank
223152_tn?1346981971
Oh my gosh, that is fantastic.  I can only imagine you you felt after the lead-in vl of 329 thousand.  You must be on cloud nine.  Bee, so glad you posted that you are African Am because that gives so many people encouragement.

I would love to see your angry bird costume!

frijole

On forward
Blank
1711722_tn?1356491154
Hello again everyone :)  Just logged on, and your responses have me teary eyed with joy and with laughter!!!  Thank you so, so much for your support, as I do need and appreciate that.  Now I am hungry for those donuts.  Might be too late for the costume but I do love the red angry bird one:

http://angrybirdcostume.com/

Can Do -- Thanks for posting that info
Suzuquee & Jasmine -- LOL!  Thats just so wrong.  You girls are bad :)
Keith -- Wow, what a beautiful image.  Thank you :)
Zako -- I have been on 1000 of RIBA; dose reduced to 400 because of Anemia (yeah, I know, it's a lot, but temporary) on Tuesday; will re-evaluate when I go back to the doc on Monday

EVERYONE, really, you have me crying again with your wonderful, wonderful good wishes.  Keep fighting!!!  Big hugs to all of you!
Blank
190885_tn?1333029491
nice going !!!!! good luck...billy
Blank
FANTASTIC NEWS!!!! I've been waiting to hear that good news from someone! I have adopted AA kids and really needed to hear something positive for them. Thanks for posting and very happy for you :-)
Blank
1711722_tn?1356491154
Hi there.  Thanks so much!  I hope your kids are well and will never have to deal with this.  But yes, there is hope and even more so with the future generation of meds.  I only agreed to tx once the numbers for SVR went higher, because intially I thought, what's the point?? when the odds of clearing (for AA's) was so low.

Working Dog -- Thanks Billy!!  I have learned a lot from your experiences.
Blank
Fantastic! Congratulations! That is absolutely great. I hope you are on to SVR.
Blank
419309_tn?1326506891
Or just walk in, in an Angry Bird costume, with some Krispy Kreme donuts for everybody :)
---------------------------
Yes, yes, I love it :).  Gotta enjoy life and live your visions.  Add my vote yes.

So great to see your good news, bee... congratulations on getting that golden undetected!  Continued success to you... proof that with faith all things are possible, and statistics don't matter a hill of beans because if you try, you CAN win!  
Blank
You go girl, keep up the good fight and keep us posted.
Blank
1794638_tn?1345158661
That is awesome news and I am so happy for you.    There is nothing like beating this miserable disease.   I know were not out of the woods yet, but you "Beeblessed"   :)        Hugs... Carrie
Blank
1711722_tn?1356491154
Hi again!  Thanks for all of your support and kind words!  Did not get to be an angry bird that day, and I totally forgot about the donuts =(  (stress)  But my doctor was still happy to see me and extra happy with my results and how I have tolerated things so far.

To add to the good news of UND......I re-read the Victrelis protocol.  There are 2 paths (28 weeks vs 48 weeks).  Since I acheived UND at the 8 weeks mark, I will only treat for a total on 28 weeks.  BLESS GOD!!!  I still need to remain UND for the next 2 labs but I am thrilled that my treatment time is shorter =)  The road is a bit more bumpy now but just did shot #10 tonight, so 18 more to go.
Blank
148588_tn?1405690829
Nice. Keep puttin' one foot in front of the other and you got it.
Congratulations :-)
Blank
Great news Bee!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity