Hepatitis C Community
Unexplainable and mysterious Rash

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Unexplainable and mysterious Rash

About a year ago my skin started feeling like fiberglass and itching to an extreme. I'd scratch and a rash would appear and I scratch until I bleed, it itches so badly. It would go away and then another area would start up again. It has appeared on every part of my body except for my face, hands and feet.  I have had this problem for one year now minus one month that it actually went away.  It wouldn't go away, just got worse.  I went to the doctor - he gave me cortizone, didn't work, he referred me to an alergist, he didn't know what it was, got referred to a dermatologist, they said it was contact dermatitis, nope, it came back and I still have and they want me to come back to see them again. I can't find anything on the internet and the doctors can't tell me or give me anything to cure this what-ever rash.  Can someone please help me with this.  It must be serious otherwise, it would be gone.  Please help.  Thank you.
do you have hepatitis?  this is a hepatitis site.
I don't know, and apparently none of the doctors do either, that's why I'm asking - Does anyone in this area know or see anything similar to these symptoms - I need some advice as to where to go to get some help for this.
Blue -

I get unknown little "bites" on my skin everywhere --- have since I was a child.

They are itchy... but go away in an hour or so... Kind of welt like material.

Mostly right around my menses cycle.

Had a doc advise that it is like rosaciea (sp?) (pronounced rose ay she uh).

Anyway - I also have allergies. Check to see if  benedryl works for you. It might help you clear it up.

It could also be your soaps, shampoos, lotions, makeup, hairspray, laundry detergent, bleach, dryer sheets, etc. Foods you've eaten, things you have touched.

It could also be an allergic reaction to dust mites.

So start eliminating things one by one - one week at a time... It has to be something you are continuously using - or use around the time that the rash occurs.

If you're worried about it being related to HepC...

Possibly --- sheesh --- all of us had weird symptoms happening to us... So many they are uncountable.

So - it won't hurt for you to go get a hep panel screen.

But don't panic about it - and certainly go see your allergist.

Be helpful - write down how often your symptoms appear - where they appear - when they happen --- what you were doing before they happened, what you ate, what items you use, etc.

Good Luck.

Also - be aware that nerves or depression can also cause these types of things. But if your allergist or dermatologist doesn't know what it is - go to a new one. Ask for a second opinion referral.

There is one disease - and I can't remember what it is called - but it looks like white hairs growing from the skin and it is very strange ---- they have no clue what it is... do some research for unexplainable skin rashes on google.

Meki

Check under Morgellons disease.
Thank you and I have an appointment with a dermatologist again this morning at 9:15 and I am going to have her take multiple tests on me - I want an answer to this.  I've tried the different soaps, shampoos, etc,,, process of elimination and nothing is working.  I've gone to several doctors and put on several medications, creams and lotions and nothing is working, it is still traveling over my body, but what is strange like I said is that it doesn't ever go to my head, face, hands and feet, but it hits every place else, as soon as one area starts clearing up, another one starts up in another area.  I itch, then scratch and then another rash starts and the rash looks like tiny bug bites then gets little blisters on them.  When I shower it gets worse and when I get out it's even worse, I stand there and scratch until I cry practically, I'm in pure missory!  Not to mention the scars I'm getting from all of this.  Stop scratching, yea right, nothing stops the itch except the scratch till you bleed.  I'll hopefully find out what it is soon and will definately let everyone know what I find out when I find out what it is, could be something new, wouldn't surprise me a bit.  Thanks to you and everyone.
Get a skin biopsy.  Dermatologists will play around with creams 'til the cows come home.  Meanwhile you're suffering.  Also blood tests for autoimmune factor might help determine what you've got.  Good luck.